Check out my new song/mix! Alternative metal/ rock/ post-core

Rasmus321

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48392485/Mixtest.wav

Hi guys! So i'm new to this forum, thought I would share my latest mix/song. The bands me and my band are inspired by, both music and production wise are:
Red, of Mice and Men, memphis may fire, i see stars, Breaking benjamin etc..
Would like to hear what you guys think about the mix mostly, but also the song.
Been investing in some new studio equipment, studio monitors and upgraded my computer hardware so i've been trying to improve my mixing skills.

For the drums I use superior drummer, blend the kick and the snare with an andy sneap sample and a free snare i found online.
Some Eq, multiband compression, stillwell- bombadier, parallel comp.

For the bass i use zombass4, some distortion, ClA bass plugin, some eq, multiband compression, parallell comp and also side-chain the kick to the bass.

Guitars are pod farm 2. Doubled left and right 100%. parallell compression, EQ and stereo enhancer.

Strings are ewsql, plugins i use- Ozone 5, eq and parallell compression.

So thats pretty much it.. i'm about to buy a new condenser mic so I can record some decent vocals.

Is there too much bass? too much compression?
I use a lot of tricks i read about online that im not too familliar with, but this is how I do it for now. Would be really greatful for constructive critizism,
what i can improve and what sounds good.
Hope you like my new tune, cheers!

Last edited:
Plus you are better off using something like Soundcloud to present mixes here.

Most members won't download a tune from someone they do not know. Or anything for that matter.

Sounds pretty damn good man. My big monitors are telling me the bass guitar is a bit strong.

Just personal taste tho. Cool arrangement and the playing is on point.

Good stuff! :)

Sounds great, best thing I've heard on here in a while. Guitars are tight, tone is good, cool arrangement. I like the soft spots with the guitars waaaay in the back, and the little metalcore-ish stutters and tricks thrown in. Keep it up!

Pretty cool-sounding mix. A little too much synth for me to like it a lot, but it has its strong points. The bass and kicks sounded pretty badass together.

Back