[SOLVED] Check it out if you can

heya..typing this out as i listen

the guitar tone is nice and bright, perhaps a bit too crisp for my taste. but it's a very full tone, not thin at all. the bass sets nicely in the mix, but is almost at the limit of getting lost in it. real drums could do this track a lot of good! are there going to be any vocals on it?

a nice clean mix though, i particularly like your acoustic guitar sound!

MD

Thanks MD.Yeah--Ihaven't got access to a drummer so I do the best I can with my drum machine.This is pretty much it as far as the tune goes.Hadn't thought of vocals...Thanks for the input man.

Yeah, vocals would sound real good in there but it stands up pretty well on it's own. I'm lousy programming drums so I can't say anything about that, except they sound better than I can do. :D Maybe put in a few more solos here and there if no lyrics. Ummm....that's about it. Really nice song.

Nice song! I would like to hear it recorded with a mic instead of the pickup.
But it sounds good. Some panning on the guitars would sound cool.
Nice playing.

Cool stuff , i like the harmonics in there. I think it adds a good taste to the song. Guitar sounds like a straight in electric acoustic. Pretty good none the less. Bass is very faint to my ears , i really have to listen closely to hear it.overall , very cool.

Thanks cm--I am highly influenced by JJ Cale so I am way laid back with leads...but I will ponder it.
r4m--I did pan the guitars...
Erock--you and r4m were dead on.I had just received my 2488 and Boss AD8.I was sick and tired of recording with headphones so I experimented with this thing that is supposed to simulate high end guitars and figured this might be a solution.Of course I am back to using my condenser...There really is no comparison.Thanks for the input man!!

Back