check this out...

CLos

heres where I'm at. I know I have to remixe it and was looking for some tips. thanks

Attachments

• los_-_alive.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 14
Reminds me a little bit of early Sabbath. I like your guitar tones. The main issue is with the occasional timing gark on the drums. And what's with all the crowd noise? Get the guitar locked in tight with the rhythm section & you're half way there

What kind of tips are you looking for? First of all, the timing is a disaster. How do you not notice this? Heavy music loses all of it's heaviness when it's played this sloppily. The riffs and changes are interesting enough that I didn't lose interest, but it wasn't easy with it being so sloppy. What did you use for drums? They sound like a cheap drum machine that you played with your fingers. The sounds are monotonous and too fake sounding. Not a problem if that's what you have to use, but again, the timing is terrible. Learn how to use a programmable click track, and stick to it. Find a way to get better drum sounds and "play" them like a drummer would. The reverse cymbal at 5:44 is ridiculous. Drums aside, the guitars sound pretty good. A little scooped for my tastes, but they fit the style perfectly and they sound pretty decent. The bass is a little boomy, but it holds down the low end well. Get rid of the silly, unnecessary, fake arena crowd noise and focus on the things that matter. Timing, timing, more timing, better drum sounds.

I liked the guitar sounds. Bass sounded cool too. Yeah I'm hearing some timing issues - but they seem to clear up later in the song (I didn't listen all the way to the end though).

I'm hearing some clicks here and there. Especially early in the song.

I didn't mind the kick sound you were using. The snare was "sort of OK." The cymbal sounds are the biggest contributor to the "cheap" sound that Greg mentioned.

If you want the crowd noise, put it in later (after you have the music down).

thanks guys
I know the timming is off in spots. greg ur right it is a keyboard I'm useing for drums... with my fingers. I do have a new one with better sounding cymblals. Im not a drummer and never gave much thought about how to put drums to my own tunes. I am doing all the other instruments. I know the reverse cymbal at 5:44 is way out of control. I do have more recents recordings that are tighter. This was done when I first started the whole home recording thing. But I like this tune, and know I have to start from scratch, for the most part. and wanted some recording buffs opionins on the tones etc. Like I said know the timings shit but that'll be work out. Off to the basement I go... Oh yeah, I get my monitors this weekend so I can actually ditch the headphones for mixing, that might help too.
JUDY1.... what are you tryin to say!

Back