"Chasin' Chickens"

New mix here, did it a few weeks ago so I forget exactly what I tweaked, but I know I brightened it a tad and worked on the bass a little. Also brightened the lead vocal a smidge. Humanized the drums a bit more as well. I forget what else...

Chasin' Chickens | Johnny Amato

Absolutely burnin' guitar playin! Just loved it from the get-go, and it never disappointed the whole time.

Great performances all around, actually ... vocals sounded great, too.

What is that swelling sound that comes in right after you say "when I try to talk to you"? Pedal steel or something? It was really interesting in the mix. It's as if it enveloped everything, but it didn't really encroach upon anything. Not sure how you pulled that off! :)

Great composition too. The only thing that stuck out to me was the fact that the vocal melody ended on the same note for each phrase (the 5th). I was kind of wanting it to feel a little more resolved on the last line of each verse, maybe.

A lot of fun to listen to!

...What is that swelling sound that comes in right after you say "when I try to talk to you"? Pedal steel or something? It was really interesting in the mix. It's as if it enveloped everything, but it didn't really encroach upon anything. Not sure how you pulled that off! :)...!

That is nice, and not over used. Tasteful. I can't tell if it's a pedal steel, slide or female BG vox.
Drums and bass are nice southern rock.

Absolutely burnin' guitar playin! Just loved it from the get-go, and it never disappointed the whole time.

Great performances all around, actually ... vocals sounded great, too.

What is that swelling sound that comes in right after you say "when I try to talk to you"? Pedal steel or something? It was really interesting in the mix. It's as if it enveloped everything, but it didn't really encroach upon anything. Not sure how you pulled that off! :)

Great composition too. The only thing that stuck out to me was the fact that the vocal melody ended on the same note for each phrase (the 5th). I was kind of wanting it to feel a little more resolved on the last line of each verse, maybe.

A lot of fun to listen to!

Thanks Beagle! Yea I see what you mean about the vocal melody, hadn't really thought about that. If something jumps into my head, maybe I'll change a line or two, but I'll probably just leave it. Oh well, it is what it is.

Not a pedal steel, just simply me doing stereo harmonized "ooo's" (major 3rd and 5th, if I remember correctly)

Thanks a bunch!

That is nice, and not over used. Tasteful. I can't tell if it's a pedal steel, slide or female BG vox.
Drums and bass are nice southern rock.

Thanks Spantini! Yea they're me doing stereo harmonized "ooo's". I was actually considering maybe turning them down some, but decided to just leave 'em where they were.

Thanks for the listen!

Back