Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: "Chasin' Chickens"

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Darien, IL
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 92 Times in 87 Posts
    Rep Power
    1057482
    Sign in to disable this ad
    New mix here, did it a few weeks ago so I forget exactly what I tweaked, but I know I brightened it a tad and worked on the bass a little. Also brightened the lead vocal a smidge. Humanized the drums a bit more as well. I forget what else...

    Chasin' Chickens | Johnny Amato
    Pro Tools 12.7 - Superior Drummer 2.0 - Sound Forge Pro 10

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Age
    46
    Posts
    4,536
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 203 Times in 182 Posts
    Rep Power
    4636968
    Absolutely burnin' guitar playin! Just loved it from the get-go, and it never disappointed the whole time.

    Great performances all around, actually ... vocals sounded great, too.

    What is that swelling sound that comes in right after you say "when I try to talk to you"? Pedal steel or something? It was really interesting in the mix. It's as if it enveloped everything, but it didn't really encroach upon anything. Not sure how you pulled that off!

    Great composition too. The only thing that stuck out to me was the fact that the vocal melody ended on the same note for each phrase (the 5th). I was kind of wanting it to feel a little more resolved on the last line of each verse, maybe.

    A lot of fun to listen to!
    famous beagle

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to famous beagle For This Useful Post:


  4. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    1,175
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 157 Times in 149 Posts
    Rep Power
    495747
    Quote Originally Posted by famous beagle View Post
    ...What is that swelling sound that comes in right after you say "when I try to talk to you"? Pedal steel or something? It was really interesting in the mix. It's as if it enveloped everything, but it didn't really encroach upon anything. Not sure how you pulled that off! ...!
    That is nice, and not over used. Tasteful. I can't tell if it's a pedal steel, slide or female BG vox.
    Drums and bass are nice southern rock.
    Failure - - the path of least persistence
    And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to spantini For This Useful Post:


  6. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Darien, IL
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 92 Times in 87 Posts
    Rep Power
    1057482
    Quote Originally Posted by famous beagle View Post
    Absolutely burnin' guitar playin! Just loved it from the get-go, and it never disappointed the whole time.

    Great performances all around, actually ... vocals sounded great, too.

    What is that swelling sound that comes in right after you say "when I try to talk to you"? Pedal steel or something? It was really interesting in the mix. It's as if it enveloped everything, but it didn't really encroach upon anything. Not sure how you pulled that off!

    Great composition too. The only thing that stuck out to me was the fact that the vocal melody ended on the same note for each phrase (the 5th). I was kind of wanting it to feel a little more resolved on the last line of each verse, maybe.

    A lot of fun to listen to!
    Thanks Beagle! Yea I see what you mean about the vocal melody, hadn't really thought about that. If something jumps into my head, maybe I'll change a line or two, but I'll probably just leave it. Oh well, it is what it is.

    Not a pedal steel, just simply me doing stereo harmonized "ooo's" (major 3rd and 5th, if I remember correctly)

    Thanks a bunch!
    Pro Tools 12.7 - Superior Drummer 2.0 - Sound Forge Pro 10

  7. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Darien, IL
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 92 Times in 87 Posts
    Rep Power
    1057482
    Quote Originally Posted by spantini View Post
    That is nice, and not over used. Tasteful. I can't tell if it's a pedal steel, slide or female BG vox.
    Drums and bass are nice southern rock.
    Thanks Spantini! Yea they're me doing stereo harmonized "ooo's". I was actually considering maybe turning them down some, but decided to just leave 'em where they were.

    Thanks for the listen!
    Pro Tools 12.7 - Superior Drummer 2.0 - Sound Forge Pro 10

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    1,175
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 157 Times in 149 Posts
    Rep Power
    495747
    Don't touch that knob !!
    Failure - - the path of least persistence
    And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to spantini For This Useful Post:


  10. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 46 Times in 46 Posts
    Rep Power
    548819
    Sounds fantastic! Sounds like a record Congrats!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ClearedToPlay For This Useful Post:


  12. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    Rep Power
    200144
    This sounds awesome. Listened on a set of Audio-Technica M50x headphones and the mix sounds incredible.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavyMusic3000 For This Useful Post:


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Darien, IL
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 92 Times in 87 Posts
    Rep Power
    1057482
    Quote Originally Posted by spantini View Post
    Don't touch that knob !!
    LOL I won't!
    Pro Tools 12.7 - Superior Drummer 2.0 - Sound Forge Pro 10

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Darien, IL
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 92 Times in 87 Posts
    Rep Power
    1057482
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMusic3000 View Post
    This sounds awesome. Listened on a set of Audio-Technica M50x headphones and the mix sounds incredible.
    Thanks Heavy, appreciate the listen and always nice to hear what you're listening on.
    Pro Tools 12.7 - Superior Drummer 2.0 - Sound Forge Pro 10

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Copyright Q: "sound recording" vs "musical arrangement", "lyrics"
    By mwande23 in forum Marketing Your Music / Publicity
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 14:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •