chaos on mp3.com!!!

S8-N

..|.. Part-time Antichrist ..|..
I recently tried to join mp3.com and post some songs. everything went smoothly untill i tried to upload my mp3's. after about 40 minutes of uploading i get a message telling me that my files are the wrong format. I used musicmatch to convert my wav. files to mp3's. musicmatch is supposed to convert wav. files to the compatible format for mp3.com by default, right? I tried the troubleshooting section of mp3.com and got some gibberish about firewalls and requesting some kind of help from my ISP(CompuSuck). What's the deal?

o.k. thats the ticket...
Before I lay down $30 for Musicmatch does anyone know of a cheaper way to convert wav. to CD quality MP3? Am I just a cheap bastard?

I had a similar problem...if you are using a free version of musicmatch it will not work...it encodes the files at 96 kps and mp3.com needs them encoded at 128 kps...you'll have to do what i did and purchase the full version of musicmatch jukebox...if you do have purchased jukebox 4.1 you should check to see what speed your encoder is using by opening the program and right clicking on the music match logo...then go to recorder, then quality...this will tell you at what speed your file has been encoded...set it at MP3 128kps and it should work...hope this helps you...

i don't blame you for trying to find a free version of the software...i tried but couldn't...all in all i feel that the $30 has been worth it...i just got a free upgrade and will apparently get them for a while longer...we also intend to upload alot more stuff so when you average the $30 over the # of songs...well you get the picture...good luck

I didn't have much success with MusicMatch and also I didn't like it's UI. The audiocatalyst product worked best for me www.xing.com It's not free either. I think MusicMatch uses the xing technology in their product.

The free trial of Sonic Foundry's Vegas Pro
will encode .mp3 at a variety of bit rates, including the 128Kbps they require.

Thanks D, the free trial version of vegas pro was just the ticket. You guys collectively solved my problem in about one day... This sort of thing is what makes America great...Sometimes I have to think twice about my plans to destroy the world with my S8-tanic powers...
-Piece.

Hi. I use a freeware program called SCMPX which can encode wavs to 128Kb MP3z (I think its called Level 3 in the program). It was definitely online a few months ago, but if you have any problems getting it (I think the author has stopped supporting it) then I'll email it to you - its just over 100k.

Ian Simpson www.mp3.com/thebeakerpeople

Back