Challange: SluiCe cover - Feathers & Bones

Hey man, I just happened to come on and see you finished this. I'm downloading it now, but I gotta get back to ya on it.

By the way, I have a newer mix up on NWR that I forgot to update if you want to hear it. It's meatier. Can't wait to hear yours! :)

HUGE BALLS fprod........:D

......notice i did that in blue....... my wife is "very" pregnant:D...it just felt natural........

I'll be back after this downloads.................

I'm very curious to see what others say about this, but I am totally impressed, and very happy you didn't try to mimic it. This was very exciting to listen to, not just because I wanted to hear what you did with it, but because it's very intense. The breaks in the second verse were extremely cool, and I love the heavy guitars and drums.

I like the lip noises at the beginning too! Nice way to deal with that :)

This is very creative. Also, cool interpretation of the guitar duet, and then the drums kick in. Nicely done. Awsome drums too.

I'm on the third listen. This is maddening. It's as maddening to me on a heavy scale as the other is on its own scale. Maddening like Voivod. Maddening in a way that keeps me listening.

No shit, I'm impressed.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

holy shit ...im waaaay too big of a pussy to even attempt a sluice tune......fuck this is awesome.....that guitar is great ....if sluice isnt grinning from ear to fucking ear right now.....:D:D:D....hel i am its not even my song....man tell your drummer i said kick ass job....

the break at 2:14,.....yes!..

hahahaha..the little music box deal...excellent

jamal w/5

Hey SluiCe,
I'm glad you liked it. I listen to Feathers and Bones all the time. I had to give it a shot. My "interpretation" of the guitar duet really came out of not being able to play your part - but your part was so cool that I had to try to put something close.
Are you talking about "Taken"? I liked that one a lot. I'd like to hear it meatier. I'll check it out.

Jamal,
I already told the drummer he did a kick ass job about 10 times. But I'll tell him one more time for you.;)
Thanks for the listen!

Wow man...... yeah this is cool...... and very true to the original. .....now go hit that crack pipe again and play another song.......:D Great playing on this. .....I agree about the drummer too....... ass-kicker fer sure. This was a cool cover bro........ gw/ a big 5

.........AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH........... my wife just came over and sat on my lap.........:D

...oh you posted a meatier Feathers & Bones. I'm even more psyched. I'm downloading it now.
I thought you meant Taken because you said you were going to bring out those Les Pauls.

LOL LOL LOL I love those vocals. It's better than the chipmunks. It reminds me of how those skinny little pink guys in 'Men in Black' might sing - you know, the ones who pack up and bugger off when it looks like Earth might be on the intergalactic hit list.

Yeah, that's twisted enough to be a Sluice tune. I haven't heard the original, but I like this one. Nice work, fprod. I like it. The only way to do his stuff is to be *really* creative. You succeeded. What a catchy little ditty this one is.

Covering this couldn't have been easy. Tight performances, Neat song. Deadly guitar tone. and playing. The first jazzy stereo guitar peads were really cool.

The falseto singing all the way through sort of lost me a bit tho.

that was freakin hairy!!! vocals sounded a little 'Meat Loaf-ish' - Bat out of hell era.. ass kickin.. nice guitars.. damn, great drums..
Wow that IS sick!!!

great listen!

Hey - thanks for listening and all the comments!

David - I'm obviously a big SluiCe fan too. Fortunately my favorite SluiCe tune was the easiest to cover. I don't know where I'd even begin on any of the others.

JasonBird - yes, go hear the original!

dobro - my dog was not very happy with me when I recorded the chipmunk vocals. He went and pouted behind my guitar case - very disapproving. I don't know MIB, but I can picture it. I think cartoon like a lot - Mr. Bungle influence.

Doug - I hear you about too much falsetto singing. By 3/4 of the way thru it's like "enough already". I thought about it, but I don't know what to do. Still may try something. Thanks for pointing that out.

B. Sabbath - Thanks for the listen. I don't know much Meatloaf, but probably came from the same frame of mind.

Pedullist - glad you like it despite the hangover. I can't imagine this or any of SluiCe's songs make very good hangover music. And yes, my friend is an awesome drummer. I'm lucky to have him around.

Back