CG Gangsta

queepy

aka Variaxman
Inspired by some of the young new drivers in my neighborhood....I recorded this over the weekend...kind of a 21st century "Hot Rod Lincoln" without the good guitar playing :D
Streaming Link:
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12225365&q=hi&newref=1

Lyrics:
CG GANGSTA
He’ll pass on the right and blow you away
Don’t give a damn bout a merge on the freeway
He’ll sit at the light till it turns green
Then on goes the blinker for a left it seems

Hes a multitasking guy
Tweets while he drives
Eats a double big mac
And a small order of fries

Smoke burnin bright
Bass kickin deep
It aint his fault there’s kids in the street

The worlds his trashcan
The streets his home
Throwin dat empty 40
On da neighbors lawn

A shorty pushing a carriage
Stares in awe
As he blows thru a stop sign
And flips off her dog

Like the KIA hamsters
His posses got soul
Crusin for shortys
Letting the good times roll

He’s 5 ft 1 with the
Seat pushed back
His pimp hand be strong
And his rims be wack

Then one day hes gone
And the streets are safe
Dad took the keys
Too his Ford Escape

Lol. Very nice. Nice blend of modern/vintage guitar tones. Pretty good mix. I'd like some drum variety, but the simpleness works too.

Lol. Very nice. Nice blend of modern/vintage guitar tones. Pretty good mix. I'd like some drum variety, but the simpleness works too.

Thanks Greg, early on in the way I do originals....pretty much get the structure down, then go back and add fills/florishes/crashes etc...used my podhd's version of a gibson gibtone amp, a bassman, and a marshall....bass was a hiwatt.....probably gonna do a diffrent lead guitar track with a little more variety as well...

Yeah I was thinking a little more lead variety could be good too, but I wouldn't go overboard with it. Your call of course.

Re did the drums today, think I have a nice variety of beats now...link at top of thread plays new mix as does this one....lead guitar is next, wanna have a little more variety..
Streaming:
MP3 Player SoundClick

I really like the drums. They sound pretty f'in good to me. I like the lyrics too. Good groove to the tune.

I'll be interested to hear how you change the guitar work.

Mix sounds great though, to me. :thumbs up:

Thanks Mr Clean! Im digging the drums as well....I think the lead guitar is a little repetitive....wanna maybe wank a bit more over the end part....:guitar:.....gonna try some things today....

Cool tune queepy. Sounds ragged and dirty, good energy and I liked the lyrics. I think there's a little boominess on the bass that I'd notch out and I'd bring down the volume on the doubled vocal bits like "rims be wack" a touch. Other than that, nice!

That's just plain fun.
The toms are a little boomy and you do need more tugger in the solo but so far so cool.
I aslo reckon you could isolate & boost a chorus with a second or harmony vocal to give the thing some extra dynamics.

Nice. Drums do indeed sound good here. I missed the earlier version which apparently was much simpler.

Another cool thing here is you've backed off on some of the crazy vocal FX. I can actually hear your voice come through pretty clearly this time...

The whole thing has a more "normal" (?) sort of vibe to it than a lot of your other tracks - even the guitar solo. Not as freaky as usual. Love the ending! Lots of fun dood.

robgreen and Ray, thanks for listening and taking the time to comment, I agree about the bass Rob, and have tried to tame it a bit in my newest mix, also lowered my "pimp" vocal a bit (although my kids love hearing that part :D)
-Ray, as these are drum loops, its hard for me to treat one part of th drums without adversly effecting the rest of the "kit", the boomy toms were bugging me as well, and I think Iv'e tamed em a bit in my newest mix.....tried some diffrent guitar things yesterday for this and nothing really caught me as being better then what I have so far....will try a bit more and see, I really like the idea of adding a second vocal or harmony thing, going to try that as well...thanks again for the listen guys!

Nice. Drums do indeed sound good here. I missed the earlier version which apparently was much simpler.

Another cool thing here is you've backed off on some of the crazy vocal FX. I can actually hear your voice come through pretty clearly this time...

The whole thing has a more "normal" (?) sort of vibe to it than a lot of your other tracks - even the guitar solo. Not as freaky as usual. Love the ending! Lots of fun dood.

Thanks HM, Im trying actually to write 6 or 7 quick little tunes that are a little more simpler and straight forward then what I usually do....track em quick and move on to the next one. I have a habit of trying to recreate Bohemian Rhapsody, Suppers Ready and Freebird on every song Id write...and end up with a big sloppy mess...at least now, its a smaller sloppy mess!
Thanks again man, really appreciate your listening and the feedback!

Back