CD Almost Finished

RockinRob

Heyya,

Sorry I have been away for a long time but I had some major set backs in music recording and in general life. I am back on track and my CD "MONUMENT TO NOTHING" will be finished later this year. Just to get you back up to speed....I have placed 2 full length tunes from my CD at...

www.soundclick.com/robrobertson

Tell me what you think! later,RockinRob

"one by one"

WAHHH! Very muddy sounds here. The guitars are way foofy and too huge. Taking up everything in the mix, but in a wide boxy way. Sounds like an excuse to wank.

Where's the lyrics? Even Eddie knew that guitar playing alone wouldn't keep an audience intrested.

Hey, is this Eddie? Fucking awesome chops...not enough to make me wanna save it and listen again though.

I definitely hear the Satriani influence. Very well played. Decent arrangements that aren't quite as boring as a lot of instrumental guitar rock. Jake's right, though. These recordings sound muddy. The lead needs more sparkle.

Thank for the feedback guys,bad or good. Remember that thru soundclick you are not getting true sound you are getting streaming audio. The sound quality is not even close to true.
The bass line played through normal conditions holds very strong or I would not be promoting the songs.

As for vocals.....always clutters up the music..so...NO REAL USE FOR THEM!

Thanks again for the feedback and for checkin out the tunes.

later, RockinRob

Dude you look like a younger version of my dad.

Anyway. I don't understand why people keep doing whats been done already?

Sounded good though.l Mix wise through my speaks.

L8er,
livilaNic

*Reminder*- The year is 2005. (I'm not being a smartass it's the truth)

Why....you say! Not for money, not for fame or glory......for something much much more........FOR FUN!!!

Thanks for listening even if you think its outdated or over done.

later,RockinRob

RockinRob said:
Why....you say! Not for money, not for fame or glory......for something much much more........FOR FUN!!!

I stand corrected.

I miss read on soundclick that you want to get your music out to exsiting and future fans.

Sometimes I forget about the "FUN" part. Thx for the clarification.

L8er,
livilaNic

I am ,however, seriously considering bringing up the bass lines. I can tell they are there but not as strong as I would like....need tweeking.
All the songs on the CD will go through an indepth remix to fix any existing issues before final print.

I appriciate all your input..... :)

later, RockinRob

Rob nails the genre! I was in high school and learned to play guitar in the mid '80's. It was an awful time to learn guitar because if you couldn't wank on Eruption, tease your hair and look good in spandex, you got no respect.

And I couldn't do any of those things and still can't!

While Rob blazes no new territory and I'm not sure I'd want music to return to that type of pyrotechnical self indulgence (no disrespect intended), the mixes sound great and the performance rocks. Really, I think you've got it down cold. Is there still a viable market for that kind of music though? Best of luck finding out!

In my opinion, DC-XPL, I know I am playing an out dated and overdone kinda music but to make me happy there are enough people out there that still love this kinda music (I have over 500 copies of my CD "Monument to Nothing" pre-ordered locally). At $10 a pop thats not a bad ROI (return on my investment).

thanks for the input and feedback, RockinRob

Maybe he finds making money to be fun.. Some of y'all take yourselves a little too seriously me thinks;)

Good work Rob!!

Hm, yeah...they call me superserious jake around these parts.

usually preceeded by ass sucking filth pile or some such name.

RockinRob said:
I know I am playing an out dated and overdone kinda music

Nah Motley still thinks its kool their back on tour!

w00t!

"Don't need nothin' but a good time!"

Keep rockin' and rollin',
livilaNic

I couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Back