CCR recording feedback

I started with home recording in February this year and I've been struggling quite a bit to get my recordings to sound good. I'd like to think that I've been doing some progress, but of course I realize that I still have a long way to go. I know that I have to become a better guitar player, so no need to point that out - I know the practicing is the secret ;). I'd be very grateful if I could get some overall feedback and some advice on how to make this mix better.

Thanks in advance!

Proud Mary by Peppe | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Overall, its not a bad effort at all. The thing that stuck out for me was the drums. There were some places where it seemed off the beat or forced, especially on the little fills. If they are midi programmed, you might try cleaning them up a bit. I'm not a drummer, so I find that one of the hardest things to get right.

There were a couple of places where it seemed the high end varied, around 2:05 was one. It's as if the soundstage shifted, and the brightness changed. Not sure what would have caused it.

It's a pretty solid effort.

Overall, its not a bad effort at all. The thing that stuck out for me was the drums. There were some places where it seemed off the beat or forced, especially on the little fills. If they are midi programmed, you might try cleaning them up a bit. I'm not a drummer, so I find that one of the hardest things to get right.

There were a couple of places where it seemed the high end varied, around 2:05 was one. It's as if the soundstage shifted, and the brightness changed. Not sure what would have caused it.

It's a pretty solid effort.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my recording, I really appreciate it. Yeah, the drums are MIDI programmed and like you I’m not a drummer. It's possible that I goofed up with the drums. I can also hear that there are some things that don’t sound quite right rhythmically. I’ll need to pay more attention to that further on. You’re right about 2:05. Seems that my strumming is getting softer. Doesn’t surprise me to be honest. Thanks again for pointing out these things.

Back