Cathedral Brass

dres

Hi People,
a couple of months ago I was in Heidelberg Germany visiting friends and was fortunate enough to capture this brass band practising in the cathedral on my minidisk.

If anyone can tell me what the piece of music is I'd love to know. It reminds me of a cross between a hymn and something from Startreck !

www.nowhereradio.com/dres/singles

Cheers
dres

Very moving piece, no idea as to the name.

Next time tell those people in front of you to be quiet!

Very cool! Sounds like the minidisc overloaded occassionaly but the space and granduer comes through. Wish I'd been there.

Man,beautiful tune.
Sounds great even encoded,must have been awsome being there!

Thanks for sharing it.
Pete

Not sure. The beginning reminds me a lot of the style of Phantom of the Opera, or Les Miserables. It really sounds like a vocal piece arranged for brass, since it doesn't have the traditional brass ensemble structure.

As for a name... don't know. It's one of those tunes that you're almost sure you've heard, but probably haven't. :D

Hi people... just to help with the listening experience.. here's a photo of the church inside.... the brass band were right down the front on the left-hand side.... I didn't see them either ;)

I do have one more soundscape from that memorable day. There was a group of Australians playing digerydoos and bongos in the mall.... it sounded awesome but didn't really come out as well on the minidisk....... I just didn't feel like standing right in front of them holding my mics in my hands (like some lunatic tourist) to get a good sound !! ;) Anyway I can post it if you like.

Cheers
dres

Attachments

• heidelberg cathedral.jpg
    heidelberg cathedral.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 10
Back