Cat Stevens Tune Critique

Well Rick - I listened to this song about a million times when I was younger. It was staple in my collection. It was heartbreaking when Cat stopped performing and recording...but I digress.

Back to your recording....

Nice cover of the tune....anyone ever tell you that you sound like Cat (probably lots I would guess ;) ).

You aced the guitar part too ...just like I remember it.

The vocals and guitar are really well recorded - clean, even and not too heavily processed - like the original.

Mind revealing your "signal chain" ? I'm sure it would be helpful to us guitarists and vocalists looking to get that "sound".

G

Thanks, there were a few minor mistakes, but hell, I am happy to anything on recording these days. Thanks for your comments. As far as the signal chain:

Voice(Peluso 22 47)-->Avalon AD2022-->E-MU 1212m soundcard (using sonar producer 4.0)
Guitar(Taylor 914)-->AT4033-->Avalon AD2022-->E-MU 1212m soundcard

Sweet tune man, a very good cover man.
I love Cat Stevens stuff, and you do it just man, very good.
great recording as well, that Acc guitar is very nice man.

good job man.

Rick,
Nice song, very pleasing to listen to. It took me back because it was one of the first songs I ever learned on the guitar.

I like the no BS feel...just vox and the old acoustic. Played very well.
I might have tried a few voice overs near the end.

Nice tune man.

If you ever want to collab on a song just PM me. Im looking for someone to lay vocals on a Collective Soul cover (The World I know)

Back