Cat Stevens Classic

Rick Shepherd said:
I rerecorded this song. I recorded the guitar first, then added vocals. I tried to get the levels on both guitar and vocals balanced with just a small amount of reverb, but not too much. I also put my own feelings into this using past experiences of my own, hopefully giving the song more authenticity. Hope you all enjoy it! Wild World: Originally written and recorded by Cat Stevens

Hey Rick,

I love Cat Stevens, and I think you have captured this tune rather well, the vocals seem a little shaky but I don't like commenting too much on vocals because I am the worlds worst singer! :o

The guitar is sweet sounding, a few hiccups here and there! No biggie!
I would like to hear a little more mids in the guitar just to give it a little more presence against your vocals!

Nice to listen to on this early Sunday Morning!

Thanx Rick! :)

Gorty

Listening on headphones......
Lots of nice vibrato and sustain on the vocals. Recording them separately has allowed you to add lots of "flavor" to the melody. Really enjoyed your take on this. Like the little growl on the word "and" (I'll always remember you).

The guitar is great, true to the original. It's nice to hear the part played like the record especially when it's so familiar. (I've heard this tune a zillion times).

I think the balance is perfect between the guitar and the vocals.

I like the tone on the guitar right now, but you might try some of those mids that Gorty mentioned to see if it fattens it up some...

Nice one! :D

Back