Career Suicide

Gave Less Black a listen and really enjoyed it. Very good work on the mix, well balanced and a good performance. There is a bit too much pick noise for my taste though. Looking forward to Career Suicide.

Kick ass tune, nice work. I would like to hear the guitars a little lower in the mix and hear the whole mix slightly lower in volume, the dynamics are a bit flat. Great song though and love the harmonies.

Thanks again. Death by compression you think? Maybe easing up on that and pulling back the rhythm guitars a bit wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I was really trying to get this tune "in your face", maybe I went a little too far...

Nice raw rocking sound here. Dig the guitars sound! Vox remind me a bit of Nirvana. In addition to what NYMorningstar said, loud on my system the mix sounds a bit on the high end. Especially when the hi hats start going crazy.
Otherwise, rocks man :D

Not bad. It seems to have a bit of a scooped sound to it and the highs are a little harsh. Overall it has a nice feel to it.

Great song Sink, but I can only agree with earlier posters: the guitars and brassware overwhelm the song. Don't get to hear the lyrics -- which I'm sure are pretty good, going by the general vibe.

Ciao
aspiring

The cymbals do see a bit brittle & hissy.
NYMStar & Snakedog have the issues pegged.
Really good song, pretty well captured just that high end from being fabulous.

I like it alot! I'd like to hear more of the vocals on the chorus and a tad more on the verses.

Let us know when the next rev is up!

I listened to Career Suicide. I like the tune a lot. Love the verses in particular. To me, that's were the hook was. Good vocals, well-sung and I like the treatment of them whatever you had on the voice if anything. Sounded good. Nice tight song. It did run through my mind that the guitar noodling on I guess was the first bridge, started somewhere around 1:20, was a little distracting to me. Maybe somethingcloser to the melody during that part would not have done this. Doesn't mean I'm right, that's just what ran through my mind. It didn't bother me during any other part of the song. Take this lightly, I could be way off, there just wasn't much to critique. I thought the song was really, really good. I listened twice and heard "Less Black" too. Totally different tune but good as well.

You write good tunes ...

But they have a lot of bass, which could be why your high end seems harsh (if this is the case, my only guess is compensating for not being able to hear the bass on your mixing system, thus boosting it a ton, and then "crap ... what happened to the high end?", then the high end gets changed to match the bass, which was too loud)

if the tons of bass was a desired effect, then ignore my musing there

but still, emphesis is on the good song writing
nice work
R

Back