Can someone please figure out the problem in my mix? (Acoustic)

Mixingman

https://soundcloud.com/chan-kevin-8/demo

First of all want to say hi to everyone this is my first post here. I have been working for this acoustic cover over past few weeks. My ears are now so numb to this song and cannot figure out the problem myself. This is nothing very professional but I just want to make it comfortable for listen.

So can someone please figure out any problems in my mix?

Thanks in advanced.

My "Not very professional" ears thinks it sounds pleasant and easy to listen too. No harsh frequencies. Modern styling on the vocals and harmonies and they sound pretty good. Tight playing. Good job.

It sounds good to me. What do you not like about it?

I suppose it could be a little thin sounding but that's better than sounding boomy.

I would go with what you have. Acoustic is pretty hard to record imo. At least I've had some trouble with it and probably like you are just never quite satisfied.

I don't hear any low end issues and I don't hear any slapping ehco from recording in a bad space. Bad acoustic recordings usually suffer from one of those.

The knock at 0:56 startled me every time! Could be too loud or not but I kept looking around to see if someone was trying to get my attention as I am wearing headphones.

Overall a comfortable listen for me.

My "Not very professional" ears thinks it sounds pleasant and easy to listen too. No harsh frequencies. Modern styling on the vocals and harmonies and they sound pretty good. Tight playing. Good job.

Thanks for your help. I spent so much time on this and really want to make this good :)

It sounds good to me. What do you not like about it?

The thing confused me is the mainly the EQ of the vocal. I do a drastic EQ on the vocal and make it sound bright like most cover on youtube. I am not quite sure whether I have over done it and make it harsh on high end (or over cut the low).

The second thing is the volume balance between the vocal and the guitar. I don't know whether it is well balance now cause I don't have a professional speaker.

Back