can somebody critique me?

lysis

alright, so here's my first attempt at doing a whole band. this was recorded all at once, no scratch track, nothin. vocals were recorded over afterwards one at a time.

www.tomorrowspast.com/music.html

let me know what you think about the quality (i don't care what you think about the music. LOL)

Last edited:
It takes a few seconds for the link to work when I got to your page. I think the vocals on the left need to come up in the mix. The ones on the right? I don't know, they sound loud to me. I never heard someone singing that sounded like a distorted guitar, that must hurt!

lol. actually it doesn't hurt at all. :) we play "hardcore" it's a sub-genre of metal. basically it consists of incoherent screaming and singing. simplistic riffs are a must too. lol what do you think of all the eq's and whatnot of everything else?

I'm familiar with the genre man. I'll skip the music critique. I listened to Moving On.
I thought the mix overall had too "much" highs. Although I like highs. I could use more kick drum and put some balls on it too. The vocals at the 1st breakdown need to come up a bit and I would pan them too. I can only stand to listen to 1 man, sorry.
Good job tho man. right track.
peace

That is one of the most painful mixes I have ever heard. It's nothing but crispy highs and peircing upper mids. Whatever you are doing with EQ, STOP!

ok . . . so i got the kill the highs part . . . i'll re-mixdown and let you guys know. probably tonight i'll get it done. i'm not sure how much i'll be able to do to the drums; the 4 mics around them were through a mixer into my digi 002. the 2 condensers overhead i can work with though.

lol. if i remember correctly he uses a mix of sabians and zildjians and whatever else he can buy for cheap . . . so yea . . . you were right. ;)

Back