Thread: Can I post a cover song?

Thanks

Smile

Sign in to disable this ad
    I fully intend on recording some originals and I already have done a few instrumentals but I'd rather post something with vocals because to me that seems the hardest thing to get right. As for the cover of the song, I pretty much tried to copy the original as best I could but I doubt if anyone on here has heard the song anyway. I'm not really looking for a critique on the song but I would like some opinions on how I could improve the recording. Anyway, I'm gonna try and get it up this weekend and I'll post a message about it when I do. I hope some of you will give it a listen and tell me what you think.

Thanks

Question

I was wondering if I could post a cover song on Juston for review. I am new to home recording and I wanted to get some opinions on my mix. I have no problem writing original music, but original lyrics don't come so easily. I really wanted to post something with vocals though because that is what I'm having the hardest time with. The song I want to post is by a band called Memory Dean from Atlanta who are still pretty small time, I don't think they are signed to a major label but I'm not sure. Would it be okay to do this if I only left it up for a few days?

Thanks

Wink

As long as you specify that it's a cover song. I made the mistake of posting a cover once without specifically stating that it was a cover...not fun.

You will be breaking the law, technically. But I doubt that anyone is going to "turn you in" unless you claim that it's your own song.

Give credit where credit is do and everything is cool. I would really suggest putting more time into your own music though. It's incredibly rewarding.

Slackmaster 2000

Thread Information