can i bother you? please?

jeap

Banned
i made an amazing discovery!

i can compare my song with commercial cd's!

i compared my latest piece of crap with:

"straight up" by paula abdul
"i cant wait" by bob dylan - a heavyish dylan thing from the grammy winner album
"purple haze" by jimi hendrix

the first two made me realize my bottom is too heavy and too loud.

i dont have any space in my thing.

my thing has less highs. its not bright enough.

the third one made my thing sound like crap. even though its not a hifi sounding recording still its very pleasant and interesting and made my crap sound like it was under wet blankets.

why didnt i do this sooner?

i dont know!!!!!

i turned my treble control up and my thing sounded better but then the hat and maraca were too loud!

i have to completely rework my strategy!!!!!

:eek:

GOOD LORD!!!...WHAT ?...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?.....you have no space in your thing?????.....get outta here.......i bet you got tons a space in there....maybe de-frag your thing??....or..shoot i dunno.....play your thing with something that makes it sound awesome.........like wona chriss harris' songs??...

still tryin to flash in the pan,
jamal.:)

REFERENCE CD'S??????

WHAT ARE THOSE AND WHERE CAN I GET THEM????

DO THEY COST LESS THAN 100$?

DOES BEHRINGER MAKE THOSE?

WHICH ONES SHOULD I GET????

actually ive read about that in the articles and for whatever reason i didnt do it.

everything has happened so quickly really. i didnt know the forums existed a few months ago. i hadnt recorded a full song myself in like 15 years cause i didnt have the equipment and then i was learning to play the instruments and didnt think i was good enough yet.

then you try to record and your timing sucks so you practice some more and before you know it you cant even fake being a teenager any more and your hair is falling out.

where does time go?

:confused:

i put a slightly doctored version up with EQ from soundforge.

i may have gone back to the mix if i hadnt already deleted it. ha ha ha.

i rolled off the lows and boosted some highs so its a little closer to the references.

:)

What Kramer is talking about when he says "reference CDs" is any CD you want to refer to... that is, any CD that you admire the sound of and want to emulate something in.

Just like if you wanted to paint like Picasso you might look really closely at some Picasso paintings and try to learn something from observing them

Back