Cafe Oceanic MIT SHOCK Solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayc

retroreprobate
Hello Folks,
The link below will take you to Cafe Oceanic. The song has been augmented with a solo that Terry rustled up recently.
Please let us know whether the solo works in its setting and whether it's properly bedded into the mix.
Suggestions most welcome.
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4538426&q=hi
I'll add the link to a remix tomorrow - a couple of spaces below here...

Last edited:
Sorry, the beginning's a bit ragged - the comp didn't save my last mix settings - well atleast not for the intro - then again the beast can inly do what I tell it to do eh?

Sounds pretty nice, but the mix is off to me. The guitar is loud and kinda bright, and the vox are buried an unintelligible most of the time. I'd love to hear it a little more balanced overall. Just my 2 cents. :o

The solo sounds fine. Is that whistling? :D

Thanks Greg - yeah - the mix setting hadn't saved and, as I was after responses to the solo - & yes you guessed - I didn't bother with a full remix. I suppose i ought to though so, after your suggestion I shall do so tomorrow.
Thanks for the response mate.

Cool song..the beginning does sound a bit bright. I think droping the guitar just a hair in volume, might help this a bit. There seems to be times the vocals are hidden behind the guitar too much. Bass sounds nice, and will probably carry more of the tune if you lower the guitar. Nice solo....that fits well.

Fun song overall man....:D

The whistle solo sounds good, the reverb level is about right. Not getting much wind noise so I'm guessing a pop filter or wind screen was used.

I think Dogman has a good suggestion - drop the guitar a db or two and see if it lets the vocals stand out a bit. The vocals are pretty close to the right volume, especially on the first verse, so not much of a change is required.

Guitar is nice and bright, chiming might be a good word to describe it. The recorder/flute is nicely tucked in the background throughout. Bass is good level too.

:D:):D:)

I really like the vocals on this mix - clean, clear and smooth.
The guitar though unique in tone, seems to need a bit more mid or bottom end to fill out its share of the spectrum. The bass guitar is nice but could use a tad more presence in its range too. But leave the vocals as is! Just a nudge and a tweak....:D Disclaimer - I have a cold tonight so I may be slightly off in the ears! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back