Butterfly -recording critique -thanks

Mate, be very careful using a song for catharsis with a third party. I'd at least give them prior warning, a copy of the lyrics, a synopsis - something. You might get something your not equipped to handle.
I applaud your intentions though.
I seem to have a problem loading the song - the streamer pops up & then sits there loading.
There's way too much guitar bottom end/boominess. Try a high pass filter.
A 3khz boost in the bass to give it some definition and then cut the bottom end out of it to clear up the muddiness.
Good luck.

Point taken and true but,
The songs about a man and woman engaged to be married. The man had one night of mistakes that cost him 10 years in jail. Him not wanting to put her life on hold decided to set her free. The song was written in a positive way of explaining to her that it wasn't that he didn't love her but that he loved her too much to allow her to wait for 10 years. The butterfly was a story in the last letter by him that she received when he let her go. He had said their situation reminded him of a little boy who caught a butterfly and put it in a jar with a lid. Poking holes in the lid to keep the butterfly alive so he had the chance to admire it's beauty and keep it with him. One day the butterfly died. The little boy wished he had let it go. Lesson learned. Being unselfish as he was to set her free, they have since reunited upon his return and are very happy. When the song was first written 4 years ago it was played for her. Actually the first recording of vocals was done with her in the studio as a surprise and since then has been her favorite song. We cleaned it up and remixed it just for her. She has no knowledge of the remix which is alot stronger and deeper than the first. I hope this helps. Thanks for the review. I'll check into the boominess. Everything is recorded I guess you can say live, no chance to add or remove at mix down. Thanks again.

The chorus/flange effect on the vocals gets to be way to much in places. The chorus really shows it. The vocals could use some more compression in my opinion. They are a little to dynamic in places.

It's a good start :)

F.S.

Vocals are an issue

Vocals and drums for that matter, Long story why but they are being worked on day by day. I appreciate the review. I'll listen up for the FX a little closer. Thanks

Ya see thats the problem

Nobody ever told me you can make money doing this. Shoot maybe then I can get more stuff to make the vocals not so bad, Thanks

Why when for a fraction of the price you could send me the files and have me do it:D

It's way funner to buy stuff though!

Good luck.

F.S.

Well Definantly in need

Appreciate the offer if thats what it was, but not ready to start down that road. Will start remix Mon. and see. Thanks for the input.

Back