Busy Song Revisited

7string

Ok, I actually sent the song to Grammy winning producer Rick Iantasco and he had a few suggestions. I implemented a few to make the song NOT so busy and I think it sounds pretty good now. Please give a listen and comment if you would. Glen, this is the one you wanted to hear in its entirety so here's your chance! ;)

And as always, the incredible Rami on drums.

Thanks!

Nice job man. My only complaint, if you will, is the vox. They seem a bit boxy. They don't seem to have the depth that I think your voice should have. Did you eq them pretty heavily? I think you did a good job singing this, so give the vox some punch. Not louder, just a small amount more depth. Not highs, but some mids.

But all in all, nice job man. You cleaned it up pretty nicely. :D

Dogman said:
Nice job man. My only complaint, if you will, is the vox. They seem a bit boxy. They don't seem to have the depth that I think your voice should have. Did you eq them pretty heavily? I think you did a good job singing this, so give the vox some punch. Not louder, just a small amount more depth. Not highs, but some mids.

But all in all, nice job man. You cleaned it up pretty nicely. :D

Thanks Dog! I'll give that a listen and see if I can hear what you are hearing. I don't think I had any EQ on it at all but after 12 and a 40 my memory is not so, uh... ummm... what were we talking about? ;)

I'll report more tomorrow. Thanks again Dog!

7string said:
Thanks Dog! I'll give that a listen and see if I can hear what you are hearing. I don't think I had any EQ on it at all but after 12 and a 40 my memory is not so, uh... ummm... what were we talking about? ;)

I'll report more tomorrow. Thanks again Dog!
Cool man....just get a bit of oommpphhh on the vocals. A little low boost might do just fine. :D

Only 1 complaint & it's a matter of personal preference - I don't like the guitar tag line. Or rather, I don't like tag lines- even Layla bugs me a little. I'd have been happier with a variations on the melody being played in their stead. The harmony at 3.08 seems to come in over the top of the main vocal in an odd way - mind you I'm using h/phones.
Otherwise a really prof job. Cheers
rayC

rayc said:
Only 1 complaint & it's a matter of personal preference - I don't like the guitar tag line. Or rather, I don't like tag lines- even Layla bugs me a little. I'd have been happier with a variations on the melody being played in their stead. The harmony at 3.08 seems to come in over the top of the main vocal in an odd way - mind you I'm using h/phones.
Otherwise a really prof job. Cheers
rayC

Thanks rayC! I'm planning on recutting the background vox. They were just an experiment and I wasn't happy with the performance. :(

Real cool song, a serious springsteen vibe going. I like :cool: Cool chorus and sounds there, I like the "busy"ness there.
Production sounds great. The only thing I hear is that the vocals sound a little disconnected from the music during the verses. If that makes sense... you could try adjusting the EQ or verb to try to blend them more.
Good stuff ;)

Back