Busta Rhymes - Touch It (Hard Rock version) just for fun

reinmj

Wait.. what?
Hey guys

While working in the garden yesterday, my wife was listening to some Busta Rhymes. I called up my bandmate and asked if he would want to do a hard rock cover of "Touch It" and he asked me to put together an idea. Started playing around with it and put this together last night. Not to worried about the mix or arrangement as much as just having fun and playing around with this song, and thought it may or may not be fun for someone else too.
The acapella for Busta was pretty heavily distorted from the get-go so quality is down a bit. A hip hop artist i recorded a while back will be doing Busta's part when this corona sh*t is over, and sounds so much like him. Maybe we will rerecord then and i'll do a full mix if we want to go ahead with it. Anyway, let me know if you think it should be scratched.

Attachments

• Touch It (Hard Rock ReMix).mp3
    5.5 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I like it. Don't know the original. How did you put this together - with samples? Guitar tone is spot on. Sounds like a fun project

I like it. Don't know the original. How did you put this together - with samples? Guitar tone is spot on. Sounds like a fun project

Thanks for the listen BH:thumbs up:

I got Busta Rhymes' vocals from an acapella site, and recorded everything else myself(drums were an electronic kit triggering AD2, synths Rapture vsti, Bass DI into Mark Bass Studio, and guitars amped) . Guitars were a 2008 LP std into a Marshall JCM 2000 50w into 2x12 with G12H Anniversaries, and a modified Fender Strat into a 5150 through a 4 x 12 with Greenbacks) both mic'd with a 421.

Lots of fun, although i don't play heavier style music much live anymore.

Last edited:
Back