burn failed

You know... I really don't like this style of music??? But I have got to say I enjoy your tunes?????

I think you do an excellent job at the style. You have it down. I'm really impressed. Everything sounds good!

Great job

Joe

I'm always unfashionably late....Very cool tune-the usual ton of creative stuff-I like the synth-guitar breaks-that happen between verses very chaotic, cool. The guitar tone is huge(maybe a little too huge)..Great synth sounds -sounds almost like a backward mellotron sound towards the end ~3:40--great sound use that one again :)...Good vocal performance--3 part harmony, sweet--tightly performed too---I'm having a hard time picking out the words occasionally--other times not....Drums sound pretty good-the kick is really punching-I like that-I don't hear much high-end (cymbal) action though-thats where I think the guitars may be gobbling up the high end. But what do I know? My mixes arent this good so just an un informed opinion. Good job--cool tune -as always.

Track Rat said:
Oh yeah. That's a Moog I believe. I still think that was one of the best recorded albums, "Flap As A Pancake", (for the time period that it came out of) I've ever heard. The drums especially sound great.

I spent a brief time with Head East and also recorded a lot of their practices, etc. I used to always roll the 1/2 track. It was a minimoog and an Oberheim was also used too. That album (flat as a pancake) actually was by far their best selling album going platinum. At the time, they supposedly were getting about 10grand/wk from royalities off that album. They since have struggled, but I believe they are still playing out to this date.

When I went and recorded 'USA 1' with them at Longview Farms,(which flopped, btw) I won't tell you how much time they spent on the friggin drum sound. Not to mention changing heads about every other day.... The days of excess..

mixmkr said:
I spent a brief time with Head East and also recorded a lot of their practices, etc. I used to always roll the 1/2 track. It was a minimoog and an Oberheim was also used too. That album (flat as a pancake) actually was by far their best selling album going platinum. At the time, they supposedly were getting about 10grand/wk from royalities off that album. They since have struggled, but I believe they are still playing out to this date.

When I went and recorded 'USA 1' with them at Longview Farms,(which flopped, btw) I won't tell you how much time they spent on the friggin drum sound. Not to mention changing heads about every other day.... The days of excess..

Damn mixmkr....How many big groups have you been involved with.I see your name in the credits for "guest musicians" on the Head East Website for the U.S 1 album.....I didnt know your nickname was "harley".:D;)

I was in a band with one of the drummers from Head East. A guy named Mark Keller. He wasn't on any of the albums but he did do a world tour with them when they could still do stadium sized tours.

Whaooo... These is musical madness, but don´t get me wrong I mean in a possitive way. Very cool tune. No, the vox is not to loud. The vocals reminds me of Ozzy, cool... Well done guitars. And to the crazy stuff, yeah, the keyboard things, crazy as hell but intresting, many styles in that song but still som kind of heavy metal. Well done.

I also listned to Master of Puppets and shock wave (cause I am a big fan of both `tallica and Sabbath) Cool as hell....... "Bang that head that doesen´t bang"

Rock on
/Jocke

I don't have much experience with this type of music .... but, as a result, I don't have any preconcieved notions of what it "should sound like".

Having said that .... the only thing I'd like is to hear the vox louder. Other than that, I don't have any "complaints". It's busy, yet everything fits nicely !!! Plenty of twists and turns. Nothing dull about this tune.

How do you go about producing a song like this? I mean, it's anything but 1-4-5 .... LOL. From the first time you hit the record button, how long did it take you to complete?

Great job.

BPOCO

I don't have much experience with this type of music .... but, as a result, I don't have any preconcieved notions of what it "should sound like".

Having said that .... the only thing I'd like is to hear the vox louder. Other than that, I don't have any "complaints". It's busy, yet everything fits nicely !!! Plenty of twists and turns. Nothing dull about this tune.

How do you go about producing a song like this? I mean, it's anything but 1-4-5 .... LOL. From the first time you hit the record button, how long did it take you to complete?

Great job.

BPOCO

Track Rat said:
I was in a band with one of the drummers from Head East. A guy named Mark Keller. He wasn't on any of the albums but he did do a world tour with them when they could still do stadium sized tours.

Thats pretty cool man....I was reading a little bit on the their website and I didnt realize that Christian singer John Schlitt(Petra) was the original singer of Head east throughout the 7 biggest years of their careerr.

bpoco said:
How do you go about producing a song like this? I mean, it's anything but 1-4-5 .... LOL. From the first time you hit the record button, how long did it take you to complete?BPOCO

It took about a week.. a few hours a night.. The vocals only took about 2 hours though.. Including coming up with lyrics.. I probably could have done it faster, but I was unsure if it was going to be an instrumental or not, and I was in no hurry.. As far as producing, I guess I just keep adding stuff until I think there's enough.. thanks bpoco!

everyone else, thank you for the ears! It is appreciated..

Track Rat, mixmkr, Kramer, - I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :)

Stratomaster - how can a guitar sound be too huge? :eek:

:)

thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two things:

1. Just in case there's ANY doubt, I didn't "one-star" this thread, lmao.

2. This is very good. The very low end seemed a bit heavy on the first listen, but I've spun it several times over the last couple of days, and it fits.

This is great Sam...

Vocal levels are good... Love all the drums dude... And the guitar fuckin' rips....

I like how the song sort of goes through different stages...

Really like the symphonic stuff near the end.. (mellotron)?... Very Zepish.

Sorry took so long to reply... Tracking like a madman over here..Im in 2 bands recording and rehearsing at the same time.

Joe.

Back