burn failed

B.SABBATH

I added so much new stuff that I started a new thread.. thanks mix and SLuice and the other dudes from yesterdays thread.. :D

vocals..

good or bad?

vocal volume too loud?

rip em to shreds.. I spent too much time on this song and now I am sick..

thanks!

2nd tune 'n.v.e.m.' www.nowhereradio.com/samij/singles

B.SABBATH said:
I added so much new stuff that I started a new thread.. thanks mix and SLuice and the other dudes from yesterdays thread.. :D

1.)vocals..

good or bad?

2.)vocal volume too loud?

rip em to shreds.. I spent too much time on this song and now I am sick..

thanks!

2nd tune 'n.v.e.m.' www.nowhereradio.com/samij/singles

1.)GOOD.......I like them better when your an angry person, BUT no complaint's HERE!!

2.) NO......ON THE MONEY!!!!!!

3.) IM LISTENING ON COMP SPEAKER'S, SO DISREGARD #1 AND #2 :D

Love this song sam, diggin the slow git's @ 1:40 and that weird synth sound!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!! I'm no help to you, bro!!

Thank's for all the tunage, sam!!!!!

Peace,

SHMALZOID:D

these vocals are much better, and I like the synth solo after the singing (in the interludes). How many layers is that singing...and how did you get the snare rattles in the beginning? Maybe getting close to being a little 'fuzzy' sounding on the gtrs. I do like the ka-chunka, ka-chunka stuff you do on the gtrs however..for sure...(around 1:36...just after the first change up).

Is the word, "psychedelic" still available?:D

the 2nd "part" of the song...the singing reminds me of the Borg off Startrek.

Nice robotic kinda feel at the ending too. Very mechanical and machine like. Pretty cool. It is very dense and some of the ear candy is hard to make out, and almost sounds like a bunch of backwards stuff too. (nice fade!)

I haven't heard a tune of yours yet where I thought the vox were to hot, if anything I wanna hear them a little more up front..love your vocals man. Great tune man just like everything else you produce...i wished I worked 1/3rd as hard as you. Thanks!

This song always makes me want to go ride a canyon really fast.:D

The crash cymbals could come up a tad, they're kinda lost in there. Your mixing skills are pretty good though to be able to make all this gel.

And your tunes are always good.:)

Mix sounds Huge as always,especially the rythym gits.

Nice lead sound,especially the jittering synth at the beginning,almost sounds like a guitar.
Did you get that with the pitch/mod wheels,nice job.

I dig the differant pannings on the vocal,gives it a lot of width.

I'm listening on phones,but I couldn't pick out the bass.
Mabey that's what you were going for,a perfect gel with the kick?

Great sounds Sam,is that a backward synth in the outro,cool.

Another fine song,

Pete

fender - thanks rick.. yeah shmalzoid seemed right when it was an instrumental, but when I started getting carried away with the additions, it turned into elephant man.. or maybe I did.. :) The next couple songs will probably be covers for the challenge.. totally late like everything I'm involved with..

mixmkr - hey mix, "nice fade" :D I was going to fade it, but I played it for my boss and as the ending was going, he was like, 'TURN IT OFF I CANT TAKE IT!! :D It was like it was driving him crazy.. I had to leave it long.. as for the vocals, it was mainly three voices on the verses, and 2 on the heavier parts.. the snare rattles must have been the samples.. I made my own from the Roland TD-8 sound module so I could use them in Fruity Loops.. I'm going to try some new guitar sounds next time, and start using real bass again.. I think that's 'one' of many reasons some of the other tunes sound better.. thanks for helping out in the other thread too.. I spent some serious time on this one

David - thanks man.. this is the loudest vocal mix I ever did.. It's scary having them out there like this.. I'm guessing you do work hard on your stuff.. it sounds quite good!

M.Brane - I agree about the cymbals.. they are very low.. also, there aren't many of them.. :D appreciate the ears Brane!

muzeman - hey Pete, I spent many many hours on this.. yeah I'm always playing with the mod wheel.. :D also, aftertouch is an important feature for me.. I'm sure you know what that is, but I'll tell ya anyway.. When you press a key down all the way on some decent midi controllers, there is a little room to push further than all the way down.. for instance, if I was using a guitar sound, the aftertouch might be a feedback sound.. If I was using an organ, the aftertouch might be a lezlie speaker.. you can set this to be whatever you want, and that combined with the mod and bend wheel gives you more expression.. kinda like a guitar.. also, if you don't want to use the mod wheel or pitch bend at all, you can assign aftertouch to do the functions of them.. so you never have to take your hands off the keys.. this works for pitch bends too.. you can bend a note just by pressing on it hard.. If you play it soft it wont trigger the bend.. As for the bass, I used synth bass on this just to warm it up.. I really have to start using real bass again.. yeah all sorts of things in the outro.. backward synths, E-Bow, talking, vocals, etc.. thanks again Pete.. I spent more time on this than normal..

did anyone listen to the VBR version or just the 128? just curious..

thanks d000000000000dz!

Damn... this shit is good, as per usual..

Excellent songwriting, and a very nice recording. I'm downloading the VBR to keep.

:cool:

Listening on my lil SP-5B Nearfields.

Vox sounds cool! Like the spread you have on them.

Vox level is just right for this type of tune IMHO.

Guitars sound great Sam and those Synths are awesome, Bro!

Another great toon, Dude!

CR ><>

Hey Sam,
Yeah man, this is a good one..... how do you get those synth leads so fast. It almost sounds like you slow down the song, play the solo...then speed it back up again. ...however you do it, it sounds cool! Im not gonna get into mix cause im at work..... But from here the vocs sound nice. It might be a touch more dynamic to limit the vocal layers in certain parts of the song. ...just mho though.... and abviously preference. Im gonna hit this at home..... when i get my comp problem (see senselesspointlessuseless thread ) fixed. Very cool stuff Sammy, Gw/5

I'll be back....... .....hopefully:(

Man that is a big sound and excellent synth! Great tune as usual! I use a lot of exclamation points cause it was awesome!

Meshugga - thanks for checking out the vbr version.. I may not bother anymore..

Axe4Yahweh - a friend of mine has a pair of SP-B5's................ he rarely ever listens to any of my mixes though. thanks!

scottboyher - thanks.. your last tune kicked ass.

Guernica - iron Mike, I hear ya with the computer problems man.. You KNOW I'm shot when it comes to these things.. I'm sure you'll get it nailed quickly.. I'm not sure what you mean by -"It almost sounds like you slow down the song, play the solo...then speed it back up again. ." It made me laugh though! :D

About the vocals, are you saying they need more compression? It's not a volume problem but a compression one now? They sound too loud to me.. I didn't want to over compress them, but I may have under done it.. thanks for the ears..

I'm not going to bother with the VBR stuff anymore.. Cranky told me he couldn't really hear the difference between VBR and 128! :eek:

He also didn't even want the wave of our collabs.. He was happy with the mp3! :eek:

amazing..

thanks again guys!

aahhh Triple.. we posted at the exact same time!!

you are the harmony sheriff.. this was another attempt at a 3 parter..

appreciate the listen Triplage!

OK I slipped on my mission as the harmony nazi/sheriff. he he he

Lots of your standard harmonies. But then you went into some more traditional or common harmonies for a few seconds (e.g., at :26). It worked well. Good vocal layering as per usual. I could hear all the vox very well.

Some good wailing guits as well.

If you want to get real picky, the vocal at :31 (on the word "give") there seems to be a little click. I think it's the actual vocal. Perhaps several layers of the way you sing it are building up? Again - probably more picky than I've ever been on anything. But as long as I'm writing...

Trip.

B.SABBATH said:

Guernica - iron Mike, I hear ya with the computer problems man.. You KNOW I'm shot when it comes to these things.. I'm sure you'll get it nailed quickly.. I'm not sure what you mean by -"It almost sounds like you slow down the song, play the solo...then speed it back up again. ." It made me laugh though! :D

About the vocals, are you saying they need more compression? It's not a volume problem but a compression one now? They sound too loud to me.. I didn't want to over compress them, but I may have under done it.. thanks for the ears..

Hey Sam, the synth licks are just soo fast and tight. ...very cool!
The compression on the vocals sounds fine here. Definitely not under-compressed. I was refering to the layers of vocal tracks. It sounds like youve got a couple of them in there, and it might be nice to have parts in the song that have only a single track. ....I dont mean a whole bunch of parts... (I aint no purist either:D ) ...but just a few so that the doubled parts sound bigger. ....again, totally preference man.
BTW::GREAT arrangement and "song"writing..... this is a Single off of your first CD!

Sam, I'm not sure if its on my end or what but I can't get into Nowhere. Anybody else having a problem?

Back