Bumble Bee twist

I am going to change the intro drum part and leave the rest of the mix as is.

Didn't get much feeback so it must be fine. :)

Oh yeah, I am thinking of changing the title to Beaver twist.

Real 50's or 60's sounding guitars and reverb on this tune. Nice......
The playing is top notch and the recording is good.

Can you share the instruments/recording techniques you used?

I don't have any problems with this at all. The drums at the beginning are fine by me but go ahead and change them and repost and we'll have a listen.... :)

Thanks for the listen guys, I guess she's ready to get filed away on a hard drive somewhere on my network. :o

Can you share the instruments/recording techniques you used?

ido,
I use a real simple recording and mixing process for all my stuff.

If I am recording a real tube amp, I use a SM57 direct into my computer sound card.
I also use a computer Guitar amp modelling program called Guitar Rig. That of course is a direct pipline in the computer.

I use a simple mixing program by Acoustica called mixcraft to record the tracks and mix it all down. I use acoustica's drum program also called Beatcraft. Both are very simple easy to use programs.

On the Bumble Bee tune I used a hand made 2 x 10 fenderish type combo amp and a SM57. Beatcraft for the drums and a Cheap Ibanez bass and Bastard Strat #1.

The amp and guitars info are on this page.
Amp and Guitar page
BTW, this kind of stuff is not all I do, this vintage surf stuff is just something I have a soft spot for from when I was a childrens.

Listening at work on my crappy pc speakers.....just wanted to say I really enjoyed this!Very nice playing and I love the verby guitar tone you captured here.Diggin' it!!

Thanks vari, same for your stuff.

If you guys are interested in hearing more, I have two pages of tunes.
Page 1 is real tube amps.
Page 2 is Guitar Rig, the Amp modelling program.

Some of the stuff on these two pages are amp tone demos, not tunes.
Page 1
Page 2

I demo amp tones for guys that want to hear what a particular amp type sounds like. Usually for amp demos I just take a backing track like a ZZ top or BB king tune, sing it into the background and make a quickie amp demo out of that.

Back