Breathe

Very, very good song :)
They way it should be!

Not much I can say clinic-wise, sounding and the feel is good, very good!

There is some boom - have a look at a EQ graph of guitar & then bass. If there's a big overlap carve one of them.
Cut'n'pasting the drum is a nice idea to save retracking.
Is the quite clapping or tapping supposed to be in there during the quiet bits? I find it a little disconcerting - my sick head kept focussing on it.
Nice work.

I listened through my monitors and with my cans and I think it might be clipping just a hair. Not enough to piss off the untrained ear. My wife thought it sounded great but the non production types tend not to be as anal and thus more acoustically forgiving. Fix the drums and leave it be. Adjust the pan some and enjoy. I think it sounded great.

So I finally did a remix. Also added a miced acoustic guitar and some electric to make it a little more varied. Edited the percussion a bit and did some EQ'ing, de-essing among other things. Would really appreciate some more feedback.

Thanks for really good advice so far guys.

Im really liking this cover. You have a nice, smooth raspy voice which makes it pleasing to listen.
What I would change would probably trying to empower the chorus more as well as the verses. Try to think more outside the box, I know it was maybe meant to be a simple cover, not too much of instruments playing or vocals but still, I would like to see you experiment more with the music and your voice.

And yea really good job!

The boominess is gone. Bravo! Can hear the chair creaking just before 3:00 and 3:50. Not sure if it would make it better, but maybe try out a subtle reverb on the vocals?

Bra jobba! :)

My cousin and I had a recording session tonight, and I would appreciate any opinions and/or advice. It is an acoustic cover of an Alexi Murdoch-song called "Breathe".

Not hearing too much to moan about except some minor timing issues in the hand drum part (easily correctable), and the huge difference in reverb curves between the hand drum and the rest. I'd dry out the hand drum a little, or at least shorten the decay, and move the lead vocal a bit toward moistness. there's some very distracting ambient room noise that's picked up too, I'd try filtering that out if I could. There's a little bit of clipping in the master at the beginning of each chorus... I'd be tempted to have some more harmony in the background vocals, mroe density. Nice performance, you have a smooth and high quality voice and the guitar work is very solid.

Not hearing too much to moan about except some minor timing issues in the hand drum part (easily correctable), and the huge difference in reverb curves between the hand drum and the rest. I'd dry out the hand drum a little, or at least shorten the decay, and move the lead vocal a bit toward moistness. there's some very distracting ambient room noise that's picked up too, I'd try filtering that out if I could. There's a little bit of clipping in the master at the beginning of each chorus... I'd be tempted to have some more harmony in the background vocals, mroe density. Nice performance, you have a smooth and high quality voice and the guitar work is very solid.

There is a new version on page 3 where I have fixed the handdrum. Thank you for taking the time and for valuable feedback!

Back