Break beat Acoustic!

ecktronic

Mixing and Mastering.
I was messing around and came up with this song yesterday.
What do yous think? Ive just started recording it so its by far finished, but the chorus is just about there.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=8158

I used a very very crap PC mic straight into my ReakTek soundcard!
Not the best set up by any means! lol
And sorry for the loose playing, I did each part in 1 or 2 takes in quite a rush.

Cheers,
Eck

sounds great! your stereo field is sounding amazing. only complaint is that it seems like there are no cymbals that arent directly to my left or right. the overheads are unrealistically panned I feel. Other than that, it sounds really cool. nice work!

nice work Eck, i'm still impressed by the way you manage to get such great sounds from your recording chain. that track is just screaming for some bass! with a cool bassline it would sound great. this song is gonna be awesome.

nice work Eck, i'm still impressed by the way you manage to get such great sounds from your recording chain. that track is just screaming for some bass! with a cool bassline it would sound great. this song is gonna be awesome.

Thanks again Zed32. :)
I stand by the rule that the 1st thing in your signal chain is the most important thing, which is the source. Then once youve got the source right then the most important thing in your signal chain is the 2nd thing, usually mic.

Cheers man,
Eck

I like the way that this song comes together when the drums come in. What a neat piece! I'd like to hear vocals. I like the accoustic lead...ALOT. No complaints.

-jD

I like the way that this song comes together when the drums come in. What a neat piece! I'd like to hear vocals. I like the accoustic lead...ALOT. No complaints.

-jD
THanks alot James.
Glad you like it. The guitars will be replaced with heavy distorted guitars if we decide to use it in our band.
Heres our link to some of our songs in our band website if you are interested in hearing more. Our album will be released in all major record stores in the UK, USA and Europe in a few months. woot! Got a download single coming out soon also.
http://www.serotoneband.co.uk/media.php

Shamefull plug numero uno. :)

Eck

I really dig the tune! Guitars sound great. (This is the kind of stuff I wish I was playing with some other people :D ) I could use some more punch in the kick though.

This is great. Will it have vocals???

Like Zed said, it is screaming for a bass! Are the drums leaning a bit to the right??? It might be me leaning a bit to the left. :D The drums sound incredible by the way. Natural and in your face, but not too loud for anything.

This will be great when it's done.

Never mind what I said about drums leaning right...The balance on my reciever wasn't in the middle.

D'OH!

I really dig the tune! Guitars sound great. (This is the kind of stuff I wish I was playing with some other people :D ) I could use some more punch in the kick though.

Thanks man.
The kick is well punchy!
Yeah I was experimenting with the kick to get a deeper kick rather than my usual slappy sounding kick so its not got as much slap. I will prob add a tad more high end.

Eck

This is great. Will it have vocals???

Like Zed said, it is screaming for a bass! Are the drums leaning a bit to the right??? It might be me leaning a bit to the left. :D The drums sound incredible by the way. Natural and in your face, but not too loud for anything.

This will be great when it's done.

Thanks alot Rami.
Yeah Im going mad not being able to record bass at the moment.
But Ill get round to it soon. Vocals will definetly be going on this song also. :)

Ill let you in on a wee secret. I used samples for the drums. :)
I made samples of real drum recordings from a mix I'm doing at the moment, and just pasted them in. Yeah I think the drums sound real good also, pretty believable. Only used 4 different snare and kick hits. :)

Ill try and post it once it has more to it.
Cheers,
Eck

Yeah, what Zed said... The soundcard chain kills a little of the acoustic's body, but hell, it's damned close to right on the money!

Yeah, what Zed said... The soundcard chain kills a little of the acoustic's body, but hell, it's damned close to right on the money!

Thanks man.
The acoustic recording soundsok, but its far from a pro recording. The band are recording demos shortly so we will try and get a decent sound with our pishy mics.

Eck

Back