Boogie mix and master feedback

it would help if you could post wavs of the mix before master, and after master.
otherwise, it's all a guess.

Excellent tune there Gonzalo!! Loved it! Not sure if that's you or just your recording work. If i had to nit pik I'd say two things.........and these are just in my opinion only. The kick is a tiny bit too fat and strong.....and the piano in some solo spots could be a little brighter. As I mentioned......those are minor issues and need not be addressed if you like it the way it is. Thanks for the listen.

Agreed that the piano could be a bit brighter, and when the piano solo comes maybe it could be moved more front and center (maybe that's too artificial) to make the listener focus more on it.

Like Mickster, nit picking a bit. Definitely feels like a sharp, interesting tune! Great singer and pace. Nice job on this.

It's recorded well and the performances are top shelf. That's 90% of the battle right there. Sounds great as is, I got nothing. Nice job

Thanks a lot for your comments, sorry for the delay. These tracks are from Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio website. I have the book and I find it really useful. If I had recorded that I´d be really satisfied, but it´s not the case. The kick drum is a little too present, I think it´s my experience mixing metal (old habits die hard, I guess). I have some clips, one just track volume and another without master, just the mix. I hope this can bring some light. Thanks again!
View attachment BOOGIE 1 VOLUM.mp3View attachment BOOGIE MIX.mp3

I thought the second mix was better. On the first mix the low end was much too strong. The vocal is more out front in the second mix too.

I agree the piano is a bit on the dull side.

Even on the second mix the bass's low end is just a bit too strong. IMO

Back