Bonanza

hi

I like the feel of this song.
interesting switch to an eastern style in the middle:)
I'm not very technical regarding mixes but I can say that you put a very tasteful guitar part in at the end:cool:
You need more replies;)
Good Work:)

Make sure that battery is fully charged or your Segway will have balance issues! The recall is supposed to fix that though.

Very nice tunes. Lots of cool surprises.

This is great stuff! I really wish I could hear the lyrics more clearly. On second listen I could here them better, but I still may take those vocal FX back a little and maybe cut out some lower mids. I don't know where. Others might be able to give you some freq. ranges.

I might change up the beat during the Islamic part. Might be cool. Plus the beat seems to fight a little now in that part.

Actually I would love to hear some other pecussive instruments introduced throughout the song.

I really enjoyed this. Good work. Sort of They Might Be Giants meets the Flaming Lips or something.

I really like that punchy bass, especially in the intro. Those harmonies are sooooo full. Real nice. Nice singing. Nice melody.

I thought the vocals lacked a bit of clarity. A little muffledness to them.

The clean rhy guit lacked a little midrange I thought.

The guit on the right side playing those little licks during the verses was really tough to hear. Nice little fills though.

The lead guit near the end also lacked a few mids I thought. Again though nicely played.

My thoughts...

Sounds pretty good. I'd bring those clean guitars up in the verses. Nice backups in the verses. I like that change around 2:00. I think the mix could use some more natural high end. But I'd be careful about boosting too much of what isn't there though. Good tune.

(did not read other replies)

very catchy

I like the melody and love the chorus

what the F.... (laughing) just heard the brake at around 2:00
some kinda' trem. thing going on here, cool;

love the gong transition

on second listen vox definitely "muddy"

this is a cool tune, enjoyed

That's pretty interesting. The middle eastern part is funny. The eighth notes on the snare got a bit repeditive. Cool outtro

I like the guits at :45....

Vox needs to come up in the mix....not too clear right now....sounds like there is a lot of verb on them....

the harmony vox sounds as if it's right on....so they both should come up....
The eastern part is cool....

the drums could use some kind of change up....this has got a disco kind of beat...of course...my drums suck so I am probably talking out of my ass....

Cool tunes man....
Your stuff is always interesting.
Later,
Joe

Ismellelephant

Cool track! I enjoyed it. Very different.

I would agree with others here that have made mention of the vocals being a little cloudy sounding and hard to understand.

The drum pattern needs to come down about 2 db in the mix.

The guitar work was very impressive and I enjoyed the solo.

Cheers! :)

Thanks to all

To say I do something different is the best compliment I could ask for, so thanks for your time, really. I recently made a change in the way I record. I spend 2-4 hours on an idea and thats it...period. What I was doing in the past was trying to make something perfect, and I ended up with nothing because I'd hate what I was working on by spending too much time on the recording, and never complete the song. All the suggestions are accurate and appreciated. At some point, when I have enough to fill a CD to give to friends, etc. I'll go back and fix things but until then the songs I do will just sit there with warts and all. Thanks again.

Back