Bombastic Futuristic Wargame tune - feedback wanted :)

Mistral

RyosaMusic
This is one of the first real non-metal tunes I have put together in some time, as I have some interest into getting into the whole film/game soundtrack thing, I figured I'd start with something vaguely inspired by the Unreal universe and give it my own twist.

Any feedback you can give on any aspect or even just what you think of it as a song would be helpful. Do I have potential to get somewhere in this field? It's my first attempt so keep that in mind.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds pretty cool. I'm no gamer, but I have played some Halo and Unreal and this definitely sounds like something you'd hear while sneaking around right before some alien rips your face off. Cool job. :)

I like this just as electronica/ambient kinda stuff. :cool:

I could see it working with a video game, though. It's got just enough of that vibe that would help pump up the adrenaline when a bunch of baddies appear that you need to wipe out! :D

Thanks guys. Yeah I can see what you mean, about it being a bit borderline. I think I have trouble writing stuff that is purely ambient.. I always end up building it into some kind of super catchy melody or something.. so I need to work on that aspect of it.

Thanks guys. Yeah I can see what you mean, about it being a bit borderline. I think I have trouble writing stuff that is purely ambient.. I always end up building it into some kind of super catchy melody or something.. so I need to work on that aspect of it.

There's nothing wrong with catchy. But if you're really aiming for that market then you need to mix the "catchy" with the "edgy." Video games are becoming more and more cinematic, and it's vital to be able to musically match the different visual moods one can encounter.

Agreed fully. My goal is to put together a demo reel in a variety of styles, so I think I will make my next one completely different (if possible).. at least, more like the first quarter and less of the techno stuff. Those sounds just tend to lend themselves to the kind of writing I'm trying to avoid. With the exception of the easternish stuff.

Back