blues in my soul

oldseed

ok, blues lovers and the just-curious..*grin*.. please give me opinions/light criticism (not sure how much i can take hehe)..

http://www.ruination.org/songs.htm

there's only one song, click on the link to download or right-click and save as, it's a 2 minute, 2 megabyte MP3 called "Blues in my soul"

recorded with a behringer ecm8000->sx202->sb128.

thanks guys (and girls!)

ian

I liked the slide guitar and lofi sound of the track,
im not so crazy about the vocals though, too off key in some parts which i found kinda distracting. Go raise Muddy waters from the grave and get him to do the vocals, then you'd have a winner.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kinda like Bob Dylan meets Weird Al Yankovic.

How much weed did you have to smoke to get that
"I'm really stoned and I really don't care" effect, anyways?

mutt

That's authentic "alcoholic bluesman" vocals ;) Sort of reminds me of "Blind Melon Chitlan".

I like to Slide Dobro sound. This is probably what Robert Johnson's recording would have sounded like if the gear was as good then as it is now, except that you're white.

Ah....Robert Johnsonesque indeed!!!!!!!

I guess then you fuffilled your purpose with this one.....

Anyway, the vocals for that raw style of blues are actually ok........You need to work on refining them....your singing a bit flat and seem to have trouble contolling your falcetto tones......If you can do that; your voice is nearly perfect for this type of raw "white dude" blues :D

-nave

ok...Ummm..Here goes...

On a good note: The slide work was well done, had good tempo & feel to it.

But here's the kicker: You, in fact, do not have blues in your soul.

That was the whitest-sounding vocals I have heard since my grandmother's Mormon Tabernacle Choir album.

Us white folk are better off singing what we FEEL, not trying to interpret the genuine pain & vocal stylings of our black brethren.

Because when we do that, we sound like a bad parody.

Sorry..Just being honest.

VI

hmm..thanks for the support robo johnson fans *grin*

for the rest of u, blues is fun, and that was fun for me :)

by the way, i'm not even a white guy. i just love blues.

It was cool.. But I didn't like the "room sound"

And I don't know where you guys hear "white"...

Voice sounds a bit mexican to me, like cheech and chong.... Im not saying that to be funny... I really thought it was them for a bit..

Joe

Yeah

Greetings,

Its a good try, the vocals are definately ruff though. The guitar is a bit thin too, especially since its the only thing supporting the vocals.

I often try the same thing, sounds horrible since I can barely play and sing at the same time, but I say if it feels good do it.

SirRiff

Back