Blues collab...

David

A rough sounding mix I threw together for LT. Bob to listen to, that I hope and pray:D , he will consider laying a sax trk down for me. I have a better bass track put down to this somewhere thats "in time" a alot better...i'm still looking for it though:confused: . Although he hasn't listened to it yet:) , if he does decide to help me with this I need to go ahead and see what I need to fix. I think I need to drop the lead gtr for starters to let the sax shine...need input, so if ya bother Thanks..

"State my heart is in" http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles

Last edited:
Wow - *really* slow downloading from Nowhere (2.5 - 2.75 kb/sec). Is it cuz we're downloading at the same time? You experiencing the same problem?

Heavy. Good. Satisfying. Monstrously good singing and guitar playing. And LOUD! :D Yeah, this one's a keeper. LOL

Okay, how'd you EQ the vocal? Did you boost the upper end? Reason I ask is because on the really loud sung notes, it sounds too loud to me although it's not clipping, if that makes any sense. I'm thinking it might be coming across that way to me because of a boosted top end?

Good blues, I wouldn't want to see you drop the guitar lead all together. There’s plenty of room for both. All kinds of room for fills in between vocals too.

Nice job. I want to hear it grow as you move forward. It's already gutsy.

Joe

Great song!

Nice tune! I have the most minor gripe, the vocal seems a bit lackluster if that makes sense. I would love to hear a great mic/pre on the vocal. I may very be hearing the mp3 ecoding. On "there've been TIMES I know I lie" it gets a bit hot.

Stu-freakin'pendous lead. Not overdone at all.

The end was too loud for my girlfriend.:rolleyes: :D

very cool ...

i can smell the smoke..lol...yeah theh vocal bleeds here and there..but still sounds great ...how did you do the drums??...these sound better then usual....????....give it up...

"there have been TIMES"....sweeeeet might be hot but sweet..

im not even gonna mention your guitar playing....:D..

so hich have you been doing longer?...guitar or singing?.

"you missuhndastuhdmeee"...yes!

jamal

dobro, I didn't boost any high end on the voc's, I probably need to cut some maybe though. Like I said its in a pretty rough stage right now, i was kinda riding the fader on the lead vox so I might of got them a bit to hot in places. Thanks for the input man.

Smokepole, If Steve want's me to drop it i will, i never was to damn happy with it anyway. We'll see what he thinks when he gets time. Thanks man.

Axe, hey there blues brutha:) . Thanks man..

jake-owa, yeah a great mic/pre would kinda be great at this point and time:D ...i wished. Sorrybout your girlfriends ears...ouch, I know it was pretty harsh:D . Thanks.

I think the vocals are just right for this genre. I like the interplay between the vox melody line and the guitar. Damn, wish I could play like that...

vocals and guitars were sweeeeeeet! nice bass sound.. I'm useless for mix suggestions right now as my ears are ringing.. loudly.. this is sounding pretty damn good over here.. maybe the vocal got a bit hot at the end, but not by much, and mainly on the end..

L-t is gonna light this thing up..

I'm lighting something up right now..

a fat one.. :)

good tunes..

This is a kick ass tune david.The vocals are a little hot in spots when you really bear down on it but other than that it's sounds great.The vocals are smooth as always and the guitar tone is smokin man.What amp/guitar/pedals/Reverb are you using?(i'll read the other posts if you've already mentioned that.LOL)

I loved it man.It'll be even better when the horns are laid down.I PM'd the Lt. a few days ago about maybe helping me out with some horns and I've noticed in the last few days that EVERYBODY is hitting him up for horn work.LOL...I knew he was in demand ,but I had no idea he was this sought after.:D

I guess thats the price you pay for being so damn good.:D

Good tune man.Stars.;)

the sound reminds me a lot of Nils Lofgren's solo stuff......he plays with Bruce Springsteen and played with Neil Young back in the day........the voice is very similar.................nice recording

Everything sounds great David,as always.

You said you were looking for input so what I heard was,

Rythym guitar needs a wider pan,the organ sneaking around in the backround needs to go,it distracts from all the other great playing.

And most of all,keep the lead dude,it's the highlight of the song,(along with the vocals.)
I'm sure the LT can work around it,mabey give him a break somewhere.
Just my humble opinion.:D

Fine work,I'm looking foward to the colab!

Pete

Jamal, musta been posting at the same time there dude. Vocals are "bleeding"? LOL!, hey I better check that out:D . The drums are pretty much what i've used in the past alesis d4, might of been a diffrent snare...diffrent drummer though this guy recorded on 99% of my tunes over the yrs. Thanks i'm checking into the bleeding..

Jasonbird, thanks for checking it out friend.

Treeline, Thanks a bunch Tree, but i'm sure you could walk all over my playing dude. Thanks.

B.SABBATH, "i'm lighting something up right now" :D , pass that bad boy over here man! Thanks bro.

Kramer, hehehe, yeah the LT is in big demand around these parts..thats for sure. I think he said he had about twelve ahead of me LOL, but he's pretty damn fast you know...kinda like them two texans we have here in the clinic:D you know the two:D . As far as the guitars/amp..strat-Laneyvc50, the Laney bit the dust though:( . Thanks alot Kramer..btw I d/l hypnotized on your site today..uh my jaw is still dragging the floor here man...........wow!

powderfinger, Thanks man, i'll have to check some of his work out sometime.

muzeman,Thanks pete, hey man yeah that's an old dx7 and i dont even know what kinda preset he was using...but yeah tis got to go. Gonna leave that up to Steve about the lead...if he can work around it kool..if not no sweat from me. Thanks Pete!

Back