The BLUE Humours..Whats our genre?

The BLUE Humours

Wow, great sounding stuff. Really. I can hear a bit of The Velvet Underground in your music. And maybe Joy Division.

I really dig your voice (assuming that's you singing), it fits the style of your songs very well.

As far as the genre, that's tough to say... It's almost post-punk with a touch of the blues. But again, really great songs. I'll be checking back to see if you get anything new up.

David

Come on

I know more of you have checked out the tunes than have responded. Help me out here. I don't know or I hate you are perfectly acceptible answers, just tell me something........thanks. OH YEAH, thanks Massive I take that as a compliment, what did you think of the mix. ANd david, I hope to have some more stuff up soon(week or so) some old some new some plain ol fuggin around.

Avante guard greenwich village beatnick shit. Please tell me you are not an educated musician man. You live on this planet?
Very cool stuff...I dug it. I would never buy it, or even listen to it, but I appreciate it never the less. Leon Redboneish..and even Red Elvis (vocals). The recording sounds good..could be mixed in a million ways...simple parts are easy to manipulate. I liked your mix tho. I liked the guitar parts too...especially the wacky bends and out of tune hits. Keep it up......Marketing people will hate you man. F' em....keep on truckin'

FIRESOLE said:
Avante guard greenwich village beatnick shit. Please tell me you are not an educated musician man. You live on this planet?
Very cool stuff...I dug it. I would never buy it, or even listen to it, but I appreciate it never the less. Leon Redboneish..and even Red Elvis (vocals). The recording sounds good..could be mixed in a million ways...simple parts are easy to manipulate. I liked your mix tho. I liked the guitar parts too...especially the wacky bends and out of tune hits. Keep it up......Marketing people will hate you man. F' em....keep on truckin'

that was the most back handed compliment i've ever heard.

i thought the song i listened to was cool. not really the kind of stuff i listen to a lot, but i could definitely get into it.

I'm sorry for any confusion..please allow me to clarify.....shit is not meant to be derogatory...it simply means stuff....the educated musician crack is not derogatory...It means that the author does not exhibit any influence in his/her writing that one may find with an "educated" musician. None of the "musical" barriers that music educators impress upon their students. You live on this planet?...simply means that his stuff is rather original, unaffected by earth radio stations. Nothing backhanded about it.
The leon redbone reference comes from his eclectic acoustic writing that parallels your style.. The Red Elvis...well...go look them up man....you won't believe what you hear. Personally, I'm not into them...I just use the analogy of your vocals style to theirs.
TYVM
peace

This is trippy shit. I would have a hard time putting it in a category. I love the guitar playing. it's that kind of sloppy stuff I like from the 60s psychedelic era. I think the mix could be a little better, just to make it sound more like it was recorded at one time. Sometimes overdubs are a little too noticable. Although, I can't quite pinpoint where they are, just that they are there.

Thanks for sharing.

fucanay

This is getting interesting

So it's psychadelic beatnick rock totally unaffected by earth radio transmissions......keep em comin keep em comin!

Back