Bloodshot Eyes (Does this song title fit?)

Should the song title

• remain the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • be called "from the bottom up"

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • be called "august girl"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • be scrapped cause the song sucks

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

auburncatfish

Hey y'all. First I just wanted to thank everybody for previous comments on some of my other songs. I think this whole process has helped me get better at recording. But I still suck. Hopefully that'll change too. Here's a song I mixed down a couple months back and it's just sat. I'm curious what everyone thinks. I've toyed with song names on this one for awhile before finally settling on "bloodshot eyes". I'd appreciate any song title suggestions though. OK thanks again.

Andrew.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2340&alid=-1

I like the tune Andrew. Another good story. the low end is a bit strong. Vocal is good but could be a little more up and out front. You got more of these dont you?

The main part of the acoustic Guitar is boomy and undefined...or is that a bass? I can't really discern the chords, and the louder parts just sound like a wall. I think it would be better panned out away from the vocals also. The ambient notes on that guitar are fine.

The vocals have a lot of sibilance and could use a cut around those higher, piercing frequencies. I agree with Toki that the vocals should be more out front.

Aside from the mixing problems, I like the tune. I can't vote on the title because I couldn't make out most the lyrics. Could you post those?

Peter

Toki-Thanks as always for your comments. I tried to make the low end strong, but I probably got carried away with it. And if by more of these you mean unclear mixes that lack direction then yes I'm rollin in em. Thanks again though.

Massive Master - I think I know what you mean by "air" in the top, but how would you recommend acheiving that effect?

Leavings - Yes that is a bass and judging by your confusion maybe I should make it sound like one. The chords might be hard to tell apart because they're major 7ths and those chords tend to sound alike.

As far as siblance goes, I've struggled with that problem for awhile. It seems especially evident when I use my condensor for vox. I've ran compression over them, physically gone and reduced peaks in the wav, tried freq changes. I would love any any suggestions to curb those s sounds aside from the standard methods. I've been toying with the possibility of a 2nd pop filter.

Let me go hunt up lyrics and I'll post those later.

A

auburncatfish said:
Toki-Thanks as always for your comments. I tried to make the low end strong, but I probably got carried away with it. And if by more of these you mean unclear mixes that lack direction then yes I'm rollin in em. Thanks again though.

A

hehe, no man....This just needs some smoothing and eq leveling and it`ll turn ok I feel. I was referring to some more interesting tunes with good stories in them, such as the last two I`ve heard from you. I am surely becoming more familiar with your style, it is unique. :)

lyrics

Here's the lyrics to help with the title.

You don't want anyone else
You're happy by yourself
And you can tell yourself
Anything you want to hear
My dear

You walk at night alone
You're burdened by this stone
And that mirror just don't lie
Hoping people ignore
Bags under those bloodshot eyes

Chorus: So take me if you can
This used to be my world
And I'll love if I can
Cause I'm just like you
And I'll fall if I can
Cause I fall like you
From the bottom up (x3)
Cause at the bottom
We're all alone

I used to be like you
I know that you wonder
Know what you're going through
That cold wind keeps getting colder
Then your half friends
Throw you the colder shoulder

So hug me if you can
I'm not loveable
The way that your TV says
And darlin don't forget
I'm right here
I'm trying to get past it

Chorus

Say hey A,
None of the above.
"All Alone" seems like the meat of the song. Both parties think that they're all alone. But, they're not because that is what they have in common. They both belong to the all alone club.
Of course, on the other hand,
what do I know?
Bill

rad

Song is dope. I like the breathy vocals a lot. Not huge on the weird semi screechy ones. As far as the guitar sound and all that i don't think it's too dark at all it sounds full and rich. But i'm a slut for low end as well. what mic did you use?

www.thegetawaygroup.com

I didn't vote in the poll. Don't know about the title. The song's cool though. A little u2 sounding especially on the upper register vocals. I agree that the accoustic guitar is boomy. If it cant be fixed with eq you may want to get the mic away from the hole a little. Nice track though

Back