In The Blink Of An Eye - Feedback please

Your instruments sound good, and you've got a pretty decent sonic palette overall.

Not a fan of vocals. You sound like a charicature of country music.

...You sound like a charicature of country music.

Aren't most country vocals a caricature of country music? Some are just more convincing then others. :rolleyes:

It is a good song; flows nice, with easy sounding levels and tones. I'm a fan of country music, so I've heard a lot of country songs. You have a good tone to your voice, but if you don't really talk with a drawl, it kinda shows in the performance.

Good luck with your BCC, but from the looks of things, you are already on your way :D

Hi guys,
I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

It looks like the mix is ok and that I have to concentrate on the vocals. We will re-record them. The singer's name is LeeAndrew Bray from Georgia. I can assure you that he talks with a southern drawl. I asked him to sing this without the drawl, he couldn't. so now we have a country rock crossover which is great.

Thanks again!

Robert

Pretty nice song, very catchy, the way country should be. I like the singer's voice, but the voice seems to have a kind of trebly tone, did you raise the high mids? Very good drum sound. Overall, nice work.

Joey :):):):)

Hey Joey,
thanks for your comments.

Regarding the vocal track... that was recorded in Iraq (LeeAndrew is a soldier) and sent to me. It was a low-resolution MP3 file. It was a lot of work to make it sound the way it does now. I did use an equalizer to raise the mids. Good call. We plan on re-recording the vocals in a studio in a few weeks after he returns to the States.

Thanks again.
Robert

Robert,
Really nice song with a pro-like sound overall.
1) Vocal quality/presence could sit in mix better.
2) Bass guitar needs more punch.
3) Nice strong harmony vocal in chorus

Hey Sgulley,
thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
I'll work on the bass and we'll re-record the vocals.

Thanks!

Robert

Back