Beware "RAP" inside

Fishmed

Here are a few tracks on a project I working on. I am just the engineer; therefore, I am mainly looking for comments on the mix balance and vocal quality. These mixes are works in progress.

Which song has "Better" sounding vocals?
Is the low end too much on Song 1?

Song 1

Song 2

Thanks All. :D

Nice.

I find the bass fine, personally. I do find the vocals too loud though, in the first tune. I understand that rap lyrics have to be heard, but I just find that it really over-powered the "beats". Also, I have no idea if it would sound better, but I'd try less reverb on the vocals. There's not alot, but I can hear it, and I'm used to rap lyrics being a little drier.

Everything esle is fine. I just think people wouldn't move to this tune as much as they should since the vocals push the music a little too far back.

Nice.

I find the bass fine, personally. I do find the vocals too loud though, in the first tune. I understand that rap lyrics have to be heard, but I just find that it really over-powered the "beats". Also, I have no idea if it would sound better, but I'd try less reverb on the vocals. There's not alot, but I can hear it, and I'm used to rap lyrics being a little drier.

Everything esle is fine. I just think people wouldn't move to this tune as much as they should since the vocals push the music a little too far back.

On most systems I have played SONG 1 on I agree. Where I have issues is in my car with the Sub. The low end is so over powering that the kick is all you hear when it goes off. I think I will make a small adjustment to my car's system. I will go back to the mix and reduce the verb and lower the vocals a little.

I think the vox sound better on the 2nd song

In the first song the two vocalists seem to be stacking up some 250hz or so in places. A minor cutt around there on the both of them might take care of it.

I'm not gonna comment on the bass alot cause it's not my style of music but, when some white boy with his belt around his knees pumps that first song through the 4 twelves in the back of the acura he got for his birthday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the bass could be a bit much.

F.S.

This song needs more bass.

Just kidding. Sounds cool. What's the UFO sound taking off? I've gotta have that.

This song needs more bass.

Just kidding. Sounds cool. What's the UFO sound taking off? I've gotta have that.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't know. They bring me their music tracks and I record the vocals and mix them all together... kinda like tossed salad. :D

Back