Beware

Myx62

I have an older song "Beware" Im now ready to work on. Its posted at IUMA and I need to know what needs to be done. I know the vocals need a lot of work, but besides that Im getting ready to redo the vocals and want to know what else needs to be done. So bust my balls and motivate me please.... I have redone "I've had enough" and harmonized on the vocals also.....Thanx guys. dreamstorm.iuma.com
Myx

Myx62 said:
bust my balls and motivate me please....

why not just shave 'em :D ;)

Ok... wow... that kick has a lot of room sound... interesting... some boominess... possibly coming from upper harmonics caused by sub-sonic content.... (sounds worse than it is :cool: ) IMO much of that would go away with a rolloff at 50Hz (if you have master EQ)... Kick drum and bass seem to fight.... (bass is winning) ...

Programmed drums/samples sound all right. Cymbals are a bit like tin-foil, but not too bad.

Mix has an over-all "Smile EQ" sound to it... brite, yet boomy.... even on these MM speakers, the mix sounds like the mids are gutted, esp. the lower mids from about 400-1200... that IS a nice pocket for vocals, but maybe the pocket should be more shallow?

Voice should come up in level, for sure. You could try encoding this w/the Lame encoder--it seems to employ a highpass filter (automatically) that puts those subsonics where they should be...

Biggest problem seems to be the mushiness of the bass, or possibly vocal level...

To listen to this on monitors... needs downloaded... networked over to the MAC... I'll do that later... sometimes, the "laziness" gene kicks in... often in conjunction with the "busyness" gene ;)

Nice song, btw.

Chad

Thanx Toki, cant believe my vocals are good enough to come up-lol. Appreciate the compliment....

Participant, I have been working on getting the kick to stay out with some good bass levels. I think my drum machine makes it difficult because I use different drum kits and what eq setting will work on one wont work on the other.
Now for the smile eq thing, Ive started mixing my stuff that way cause IMO I think the industry has been doing it wrong with the piercing, biting mids-lol. Im still a rebel.......I hate to much mids.....
My eq's for car and home stereo's have always had that smily face. Why cant my mixes???? Is it really such a bad thing? Now if someone has surround sound, the mids come jumping out of the speakers, go figure.... Go ahead and tell me Im full of Shit. I can take it...
Myx

I like the tune..

There is something mushy with the sound though, and the vocals seem pretty low at times.. not all the time.. too much reverb too.. sounds like there isn't enough mid range maybe, not sure.. good tune though.. just sounds like it needs some e.q. help..

Back