'Better', cover of an upcoming guns n roses song

PokerDude422

So this band that I just recorded is a cover band. And the guitarists father actually used to be Bucketheads guitar teacher for like three years quite a while back. Buckethead was the guitarist for guns n roses for about 5 years i think from 95-2000 but quit guns n roses a few years ago but he still has access to all the music so he sent my friend 11 of the 13 songs off of chinese democracy. This is a cover of the song 'Better'.

I am not really to big of a fan of the vocallist in the band though but aside from that i would say the band is pretty good, give me ur comments as to what you think of the recording.

haha nope man, i recorded this all, its a bunch of high school freshman, they are all amazing at their instruments except for the singer, but thanks dude

PokerDude422 said:
So this band that I just recorded is a cover band. And the guitarists father actually used to be Bucketheads guitar teacher for like three years quite a while back. Buckethead was the guitarist for guns n roses for about 5 years i think from 95-2000 but quit guns n roses a few years ago but he still has access to all the music so he sent my friend 11 of the 13 songs off of chinese democracy. This is a cover of the song 'Better'.

I am not really to big of a fan of the vocallist in the band though but aside from that i would say the band is pretty good, give me ur comments as to what you think of the recording.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I try to find at least something positive to anything I devote my time in listening to but.....................

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FRICKIN KIDDING ME...

:mad: :mad: That's 1 minute and 57 seconds of my life I will never get back!! :mad: :mad:

Sounds like you took a rocking GNR song and turned it into a weaker karaoke type piece. The singing sounds like bad kids and the mix puts that too up front. You've got to get more punch out of the backing track, maybe a bunch of compression and maybe bring the drum power up... Overall drown out those vocals more... of just a different singer, make it an instrumental or something... the playing is good but the overall recording just sounds weak right now... good luck

Last edited:
SnakeDog5050 said:
Sounds like you took a rocking GNR song and turned it into a weaker karaoke type piece. The singing sounds like bad kids and the mix puts that too up front. You've got to get more punch out of the backing track, maybe a bunch of compression and maybe bring the drum power up... Overall drown out those vocals more... of just a different singer, make it an instrumental or something... the playing is good but the overall recording just sounds weak right now... good luck

there is an instrumental version, i agree the kids sucks ass at singing, they are planning on replacing him soon but its hard to find a decent singer when they are all freshman in high school, what do you mean though by getting more punch out of the backing track, like more bass or what?

PokerDude422 said:

I apologize for being too harsh on my comments PokerDude, but I honestly couldn't get past a few issues that I heard especially after expecting something a lot more after your descriptive essay on the tune and the members of the band.

Once again I publicly apologize for being harsh, but I just want you to know you forgot to sign your neg rep.... :D

PokerDude422 said:

there is an instrumental version, i agree the kids sucks ass at singing, they are planning on replacing him soon but its hard to find a decent singer when they are all freshman in high school, what do you mean though by getting more punch out of the backing track, like more bass or what?

Yeah that's pretty cool man, I think you just had the vox too up front that it was distracting from the backing track. On a side note, I'd recommend EQing down the 450-500Hz midrange on the guitar/bass some, sounds to me like there's some muddyness there. Also try bringing up around the 2kHz range on the rhythm guitar to give it more "bite" The lead is a little loud in places too. Anywya, hope that helps some ;)

Gorty said:
I apologize for being too harsh on my comments PokerDude, but I honestly couldn't get past a few issues that I heard especially after expecting something a lot more after your descriptive essay on the tune and the members of the band.

Once again I publicly apologize for being harsh, but I just want you to know you forgot to sign your neg rep.... :D

Watch out for Gorty, he's a kangaroo pirate! :eek: :eek: :)

thanks for the advice dude, and gorty, i dont think it was too hard to figure out who gave you the neg rep on this forum lol

Back