betcha

hmmm...I missed this. Thanks to whoever bumped it!

Dobro, this is sweet as hell.

Nice and warm...and nice job with the verb. Overall, I think it could stand to be a tad crisper. And I think it's mostly in the vocals. Kick up the 10-20k a notch maybe?

This is high quality stuff as usual from you. And it is cool to hear you branching out. But I wouldn't do an album without at least a couple tracks with just you and the git. It's too rich a feeling to leave out.

Steve, you rock. Your part works awesome...I'd like to hear it done over with the full mix. But that's selfish curiousity. Still, I bet your accents would be even sweeter... :)

Thanks for the tune guys.

Like the tune. Nominated to be moved to my homerec keepers directory.
But to my ears the guitar needs to be tuned. Or is that just me?

Wow.... really different. Sax is really good. Cool song and cool groove. I agree with the previous poster..... one of the guitars sounds funny to me. But this song is really creative. I like it.

christiaan said:

But to my ears the guitar needs to be tuned. Or is that just me?
Actually...I initially thought the same thing...I noticed it at the very beginning...but it's less than 1/12th of a semitone, lol...so I'm not sure it's worth re-tracking. Ever hear Jimmy Page record IN tune? lol.

chrisharris said:
Actually...I initially thought the same thing...I noticed it at the very beginning...but it's less than 1/12th of a semitone, lol...so I'm not sure it's worth re-tracking.
Good to know it wasn't just me. Tought me to trust my ears a bit more. :)
Imho it isn't really important to put it in numbers how much it is off. It is noticable or it isn't. Whether it's worth redoing it is up to Dobro. He may just as well say: Oh well, something to think about when I'm doing my next song. It all depends on how far he wants to take this one.

Nee, Christiaan je oren zijn uitstekend!

Dobro, do you listen to XTC/Andy Partridge a lot? Your stuff reminds me of Andy's demo's.

Anyway, nice song. The sax sound is refreshing! I wasn't expecting that.

Btw, Mineral is brilliant!

This thing is still getting listens? David, this is all your doing. :-)

chrisharris - glad you're out of jail. :D

Guernica - Steve did more than one sax part for me. I used the take I liked best for the main part, and bits of a second part for the second sax. If you listen closely, you'll notice the two saxes aren't using the same timing at all. Bare Naked Ladies? Gee, thanks. :D

Sluice - thanks very much for the EQ suggestion. I didn't EQ it at all except to shelve a bit of bottom. When I add more reverb like this, I cut the lower end of the reverb a lot and hope for the best, but I think it still gets a bit darker overall. I'll try opening up the upper end a bit. Thanks.

christiaan - you're right. I've got a new guitar and I'm getting used to it. It's got a a whammy bar, and if I hit the strings too hard, it nudges them out of tune for a moment. I'm calling it a feature rather than a bug. :D Or maybe I was just out of tune. :D

Pedullist - no, haven't heard them/Andy. Glad you like the song.

Back