Best I can come up with after a 6 month break

one more for the dreamers although I think I'm gonna leave this one as is. Overmixing gives me brain drain, maybe in a week or two when am not off the back off hearing it 200 times back to back trying to get things right. :)

Just wanted to say I enjoyed your tune.....agree with other post that it has a cool retro 80's feel...Guitar sounds remind me of early Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers a bit....great sounds.

LemonTree said:
True & Travis...thanks for the comments. As usual you outdo yourself with your detailed discriptions, True...... Did you mean costello as in Elvis? I hope so, loved his stuff! and yeah a tamborine can take the focus away from the fake drums although I feel I'm getting them less mechanical sounding these days. The bass is bold as you mention....I can't help turning up to 11...it's a spinal tap thing ;).

All in all I'm really happy with it all barring the first guitar solo...the bass does a bit of farting here n there but it needs that to pull it out in the right places. It's amazing the difference using a real amp from the behri V amp pro, I used to think I got good results from that box but nothing beats a 2 x 10 combo full of tubes
Yah Alec... Elvis Costello. I even loved watching his performances. He was one cool cat...still is I presume.

I love amping my bass. I don't have much for a bass amp(no tubes)...but it still sounds more 'live' to me...richer and fuller too.

I am glad you kept the bass all 'spine tapped'.... :D

Again...Kudos Lemon!!! Great tune!

True

After getting back to it I've invested in a new UAD-1 DSP card which I got at the weekend and am LOVING playing with (already I want to add a second). So here is the new mix......

HiFi Stream WINAMP etc

HiFi Stream WMP

The Download

Original mix I left up (in that link up there) if you wanna A/Bthem.

I think it was xfinster that said my drum fills stuck out a bit in the first mix. I think I managed to tuck them away nicely here without burying the kit completely (ok, it's samples in fruity loops).

I'm really not sure I knew where I was going when I mixed this..... I was playing about with the UAD a lot, the bass & vocals went through the LA2A, guitars got some reshaping with the pultec pro. Still finding my feet with it but it is true what they say, someone said UAD was the crack cocaine of plugs and I'm hooked since I took it out the box and instaled it into the DAW.

I dont like the bass sound. The distortion isnt my cup of tea and seems to be quite mid range sounding.
Vocals sound nice Although could dow tih some volume automation and some auto tune at times.
Drums sound at good level. Solo guitar is nice.

Eck

Back