Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best I can come up with after a 6 month break

Thanks

Best I can come up with after a 6 month break

Sign in to disable this ad
    K so I bowed out for a while and took a regular job, I needed the money to keep the studio dream alive. I've been doing the high voltage wiring on wind turbines for the last 6 months (wind farms).

Contract finished last week and I bought 2 new SATA drives for the computer and another gig of ram bringing it up to 2 gig of memory. This was a quick one, day to punch the drums in on fruity loops and throw a basskine down. Scratch guitars today and (what I hope from my mate) is gonna be the final vox (we'll see)

So this is it after a 6 month break, I know the vox get ugly at the "seem so clear" part. For now the guitars are through a V-Amp Pro...we're gonna get an amp mic'd up next week n do them propper, bass is DI'd through an M-Audio Tampa, drums are fruity loops, the mic on the vox is a Studio Projects B1 through the Tampa too. Everything recorded to Cubase SX, streamed back through 3 Delta 1010s to a Soundtracs Topaz project 8 for the mix to dat.

Enough yackin..here it is....

HiFi Stream (non WMP) http://www.nowhereradio.com/cgi-bin/...u/wildside.m3u

HiFi Stream for WMP http://www.nowhereradio.com/cgi-bin/...p/wildside.asx

if you must, the download..... http://www.nowhereradio.com/cgi-bin/...e/wildside.mp3

let me know what you think, it's been a while

thanks,

Alec (the lemon)
    Lemontree Studio
    Not bitter, not twisted!

Thanks
    Sounding pretty good. Vocals sit well....something with the drums. Something missing. Maybe it's just a little boom at times in the bottome end. I hear the snap on the kick, but it seems to quit too quickly. The rest of the drums resonate well. Maybe get a little more of that in the kick. I hear the bass just fine, and wouldn't mind a bit more from the kick. It has great click...but could use a bit of depth. Other than that, I like the sounds of the rest. Don't over do it, but it seems you have the space for a little more in the low end. The rest is pretty clean.
    Honey Badger is badass...he don't give a shit.

Thanks
    i'll listen tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummblefish
    Went out yesterday all day long and spent 125 quid on a bender (not literally a bender )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman
    Sounding pretty good. Vocals sit well....something with the drums. Something missing. Maybe it's just a little boom at times in the bottome end. I hear the snap on the kick, but it seems to quit too quickly. The rest of the drums resonate well. Maybe get a little more of that in the kick. I hear the bass just fine, and wouldn't mind a bit more from the kick. It has great click...but could use a bit of depth. Other than that, I like the sounds of the rest. Don't over do it, but it seems you have the space for a little more in the low end. The rest is pretty clean.
    Cheers for the listen Dogman, I think the kick needs more arse on it maself, combine that with the bass being thrown down in a hurry and distorted, it's a little light on the bottom end too. All fixable. I'm just loving being back doing this agian after what seems like an eternity. Silly..I'm kinda in love with the way the bass stands out, I may double track and put the arse end of a clean recording in under the one already there. Can'twait to get the guitars retracked, rickenbacker 330 through a viper all tube 100watt combo(australian amp I believe)..that's what we're gonna use and prolly the les paul custom (eppiphone, we're not minted) for the lead parts through the fender twin reverb. It's got miles to climb this tune, lookin forward to getting it right for once. Thanks again for the listen.
    Lemontree Studio
    Not bitter, not twisted!

Thanks
    Has a kinda pixies sound to it which is cool.
    The vocals could do with some vocal automation as they seem to stick out a tad at times.
    The lead guitar part at the start sticks out too much.
    I can hear a click at 40 seconds.
    Maybe a dodgy edit?

Nice
    Eck

Thanks
    Hey The Lemon, the tune sounds like you're excited to be back, has some good energy. Catchy and fun. I agree, my system suggests maybe a bit more thump on the woofer with the bass/kick. I think some more backup vox as the sound builds would sound cool too. Enjoyable track, dig it

Thanks
    I liked the balance on it overall, sounds great on computer speakers, but on my system with a sub it was a little weaker than I would like. Maybe some more bottom end would help.

Thanks
    weak bottom end all round...I'm stitching a bigger arse on it as we speak.
    Lemontree Studio
    Not bitter, not twisted!

Thanks
    Needs a biggfer arse, and the lead vox are ust a tiny bit dry and upfront for the rest of it; maybe the arse will fix that too.

How the blue peepin' hell are you, Alec??
    Phil My website
    (Win7/Core i7-3770k/32GB/MOTU 8pre/StudioOne 2.6/Melodyne Editor/EastWest)

Thanks
    I like the vocals on this, and the bvs too. It sort of starts out as a kind of a rock ballad, then it kicks along with the guitar break and builds nicely to a rockin finish. Good energy

Thread Information