Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: belief remix

Thanks

belief remix

Sign in to disable this ad
    Thanks for all your advice on my previous post.
    I started over from scratch and posted the remix. Turns out there were only 80 tracks, not 100+. Sure felt that way though. I've got it down to a mere 76 .
    No reverb on anything except drums and vocals. Still a ridiculous amount on snare, but I like it that way.
    So did I do ok?

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2146&alid=-1
    It's called "belief 8-23-03"
    Thanks!

Thanks

Thumbs up

I still love this song..........

I think the vocal is much clearer than last time.......

Sounds great man.....I'm listening on the phones and I can't find a thing about it that I don't like.......it has a great warm sound too.....is it all digital? Sure sounds like tape......

Thanks
    Damn, why couldn't you have post this tomorrow? My girlfriend's parents are staying here tonight so I'm useless. I'll spin it tomorrow, P. I'll be curious to read the other responses too, especially from those who reviewed the first mix.

Tom

Thanks

Thumbs up

I have to say that the mp3s that I've been listening to over the past couple of weeks here at the clinic have been the best music I've heard in years.

Thanks
    fprod,

I think some great improvements have been made in this mix compared the the previous one. I listen again to confirm my original opinions about thing being to squashed and now the song does breath more dynamically and I can really hear what you were doing with all those echoy guitars and I am very impressed with all the work that went into the song and the mix.

My only qualms with it at this point, (and they are minor one's!) is to perhaps turn the bass guitar and drums up a db at most as they hold the tune together timing wise as the guitars counter attack their stability.

It's actually a wonderful thing that has been created because the lyrics also tell a story of belief against great odds and the guitar work does this same job musically against the truth of the drums and bass, trying to sway the listener to believe that they are in charge when in fact the reverse is true, to my ears anyway.

If you really wanted to polish the song completely, you might want to consider these things but, it is just a mild suggestion only on my part.

Cheers!

Thanks

Another KEEPER

I liked the first mix but this is MUCH better.

Well Done F!!!!!!!!!

Dan

Thanks
    First listen for me.

Mix needs more ass. it sounds like a cool song with a piece missing somewhere. I'd like to hear what it sounds like with the bass track about twice as loud.
    Great singing.

Thanks
    Hmm. You're gonna hate me but I think if I had to choose I'd take the first mix. I like the song so much that either mix works for me, but the first is a little more dreamy and blurry, which works for this song. Now I know in my first critique I said I'd like a little more clarity in the individual instruments (at least I think I said that?) and I think I would - but I also like the verb-y ambience.

I want it all!

One thing I noticed is that both the mixes are extremely quiet. Looking at the waveform I see that you could boost the whole mix by at least 4 or 5 dbs and not even come close to chopping anything off.

Chris

Thanks
    What a cool tune!
    I didn't put this through my household audio factory but I have to agree with the folks who suggested more bottom end. There's so much stuff going on - I need the anchor.

That total band thing happening at 2:10 really builds the tune and releases some of the tension - very cool thinking - I like your headspace.

That's it for my two-cents-worth - bottom end.

Cool concept - I really respect all that effort - but ain't it worth it when the product comes pit sounding that cool?!

(Oh yeah - checked out your web site - that's a hoot!)
    Thanks!!
    Milan
    MC Gitarz

Thanks
    The way the backing tracks interplay, some of them sound like they're playing backwards. Wierd.
    Very nice melody, but yeh a little on the quiet side

Thread Information