Been Awhile

Very nice sounding right from the start. I listened, and heard nothing that sounds like a change would be needed. I liked it much....cool tune.

I thought it sounded alright in the beginning but it took for the heavy up front guitars to come in for me to think it was good. They filled it in just right. The intro softer stuff I think needs to have the acoustics more upfront and maybe less panned. Really cool stuff. I love your electric guitar tones. I'm jealous.:)

I thought it sounded alright in the beginning but it took for the heavy up front guitars to come in for me to think it was good. They filled it in just right. The intro softer stuff I think needs to have the acoustics more upfront and maybe less panned. Really cool stuff. I love your electric guitar tones. I'm jealous.:)

Itll make more sense in the beginning when the vox are done i think, thanks.

Snare sounds very fake to me.
Nice mix.
A Perfect Circle vibe goin on, nice!

I dont like the reverb on the guitar, nice mix all the same.
Cool effect on the drum break down, then meatyness with the heavy guitars!
That snare sticks out like a sore thumb to me though. Doesnt sound natural. Too much high end and/or compression?

Eck

Snare sounds very fake to me.
Nice mix.
A Perfect Circle vibe goin on, nice!

I dont like the reverb on the guitar, nice mix all the same.
Cool effect on the drum break down, then meatyness with the heavy guitars!
That snare sticks out like a sore thumb to me though. Doesnt sound natural. Too much high end and/or compression?

Eck

I think when i get the Vox on this track the snares placement will make more sense to me.
Right now im just a tad confused by this new Slate sample....but ill get it right here in a bit.
Thanks eck.

I am assuming this is a drum machine? If you had a real awesome drummer to go along with your riffs this would be totally pro.

I think when i get the Vox on this track the snares placement will make more sense to me.
Right now im just a tad confused by this new Slate sample....but ill get it right here in a bit.
Thanks eck.

I downloaded the free Slate snare. I listened to the samples on their own and I didnt like the sound of them. But Ive heard the mixes on the Slate website and they sound good, so I suppose its just getting used to using those samples.

Eck

I'll be real interested to hear it with vox. Sounds cool now:D
Bass guitar sounds like it's got some looooow bottom in it. That's the only thing that might concern me. Some systems might not like it so much.

F.S.

Nice arrangement. Great performance. The short acoustic bit sounds real good. I'd like to hear more of the gtr line that starts at :36, and a bit less of the low end of the bass gtr overall. The drumset at 2:05-2:22 sounds over compressed.

Nice to hear a band this tight.

I dont like the break down. The hats stick out too much when the snare is being hit.

Nice song, some small drum timing issues.
But nice stuff.

Eck

I like it -- good separation of acoustic, electric, bass and bass drums. I hope I can pull that off someday.

Back