bedroom synth rock

jfox

a little track put together in my boca raton bedroom. juno 106, guitar, bass, cubase. xo, -jfox

file:

Snare needs to come up man....kick needs something....maybe a little verb...

The synth at the beginning needs to come down....that overall hum is grating on the ears....when the bass and guit comes in...it's pretty cool....guitar could be warmer.....
The bass sounds great...

took a long time to get to the vox....
the lo-fi telephonic effect on the vox is cool but, I would suggest using it sparingly....and have a no-effected main vox track with the lo-fi perhaps as a vocal harmony track......

I like the feedback on the guit at the end but, there is a chop at the very end you could get rid of...

cool tune man,
Hard to make out the luyric but, I enjoyed the listen....thanks...
Joe

Pretty cool tune, man.

I do agree with Joe, the vox took a long time to kick in, maybe shorten the intro a little bit.....that might be hard, cause the intro doesn't necessarily have any bad parts to it.

And the vocals could use some clarity for certain parts, even if the effect stays on them for pretty much the whole song, having it come out of the effect for at least a couple parts will definitely add to the song. You know, keep the listeners on their toes....

Other than that, good through and through....has good structure.

Cool enough song.

I might look for a different tone on the synth part at the begining that holds that "drone" note. It's a little harsh.

The synth playing the bass part (the octave stuff) is maybe a bit overpowering the rest of the mix.

I liked the "dating an asshole" line.

When guitars and vox are in at the same time, they guitars are covering them a bit.

I liked that synth sound at 3:53.

the song is planned to be the intro to a full length release. i know the synthy beginning is a slight bit epic.. it just worked out that way.

it's actually just some serious mid/high range eq'ing... as well as a very slight cubase vst overdrive.

Boca raton??????Rat mouth?????
I like the mixing clinic because its a place to hear different music. This is definitely weird. I just want to start dancing like a robot.

holy crap. I have been on these forums for a while and I have to say that this is one of my favorite songs that i have heard. AWESOME JOB! keep it up.
i would suggest shortening the synth part in the beginning or something, but other that that it is really great.

Not diggin the intro, but when the riff comes in its cool. Kinda got "The strokes" vibe going on. See a heavier drum loop after the break down would give it some real character and even more power. Like drum and bass almost but not as cheezy and constant a drum loop as drum and bass. Likeing it.

In general the sounds are too "cheesy" for my liking, and the beats are too techno. I want to hear more power, punch and fidelity.

Take my synth music for example:

glad to see you got the connection issues squared away. This is a pretty neat groove piece. You need to fatten up that Juno, a little thicker sounding. There are several nice plugin VST synths you can get for running inside Cubase that will greatly expand your palette. Keep experimenting, you're on a roll now.

Back