Because I need to............

Hey man. Nicely done. It's funny, but a lot of times when people post something like "I think this is recorded pretty well, but tell me what you think," it sounds like a big pile of ass...with reverb...LOL. This is an exception.

After hearing your voice, I remember you...I'm positive I've heard some of your other posts...and you're talented. This is really my kind of recording. So do me and yourself a favor and listen to some other tunes around here...not mine, but somebody's....lol, it's just polite.

You commented on the drums...to me, the double hits in the chorus are just weird, and it's killing the groove...I don't usually comment on drums, b/c I hate them, but I also think maybe the snare could stand some reverb. Who knows...preference, really, but I do think there is some timing weirdness that seems worse in the chorus.

The cello sounds great to me...better than the higher strings. Is the cello real?

Post lots,
Chris

Thanks Chris. I really am greatful for the feedback. I know what your saying about the drums. I wanted to use a real drummer on this tune, but I might go back and use some loops and samples. BTW I do coment on others tunes on when I have time. I dont spend a lot of time online, so when I do, I usually like to post a song or to so I can get feed back. I have listened to a lot of other songs on this site, But ussually by the time I get to them, somebody has allready said what I was going to say. Sorry for being such a lurker.

Rich

Telefunken said:
Sorry for being such a lurker.
No, not at all...I really wasn't being "snippy," it just didn't come out right. All I meant was that you seem to have a pretty good handle on what you're doing...and everybody can use the benefit of somebody who has the ability to make a nice, smooth, clear mix.

I, on the other hand, cannot be helped, LOL.

Love the acoustic guitar sound.. That is one hell of a recording. This isn't a home recording is it? If it is Damn dude really cool..

I hear a few out of time'ness at 2:13 but that is it..

Good job!

Thanks Scott, It's actually trailer recording. I live in a singlewide trailer. The drums were recorded in my small kitchen, and the rest in the back bedroom of the trailer. It's pretty pathetic. I am curently looking for a job that will give me greater income so that I well will someday be able to purchase a real home. Anyone know of any good jobs for someone with a Marketing Degree and about 10 years of sales experiance. :) The job market is a bummer right now. :(

Nice soothing piece of music. Not my type, but I think you do it well. Your voice is well suited to the style.

chris mentioned the double drum hits. I'd also say that it's a bit distracting. Some some guitar strumming iregularities at 1:05 and 2:12-2:14-ish.

Is that a two part harmony in the chorus? I couldn't hear a high part. If the song were mine, I'd add an upper part.

Good job.

great stuff. you have a really good voice and a great sense of arrangement. The drums sound a little "tubby" the snare especially, needs a little more snap, the kick a little more punch. The reverb on the snare sounds a little unnatural on the rim shots. wow really nice tune, listening again. I think the majority of the problem's I have with the drums are the tuning and the room, and somewhat with the playing, which is lacking in a few moments. I don't have much advise for you except, keep going!!!! (as i try to do the same)

I agree on the double drum hits and they're out of time in some places.

I wish I could get as decent sound out of acoustic guitar though, great sound and I like the song as well. Clean up the drums and you've got something great.

Thanks for all the nice coments you guys. I guess I will be redoing the drums. I will post the new version in a few weeks. Thanks again.

Rich

nice vocal recording! it's very clear, present, and not too crispy. i think you mentioned a C1 in your vocal chain before?

i like the bass guitar as well.

drums are distractingly out of time in places. and that snare! ooo, it sounds like you're hitting a breadbox or sumpin'

i really like most of the stuff you post. you gotta do something about those drums though.

the trailer comment made me laugh my ass off! a true artist.

Back