BEAUTIFUL Mix

Snowman999

The song is called Beautiful.

I have one question: The break is strange. The ending of the solo is dissonant. There's good and bad dissonance. When I recorded this, I thought "this is it". It tops off the weirdness that is the break. But, I have a few friends that hate any dissonance in pop music. My ears are... well everyone knows my ears.

What do you say? Good or bad dissonance?

BTW: If you hear any other weirdness, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Think bright summer's day.

Beautiful by Frances Farmer My Hero | Free Listening on SoundCloud

When the other instruments joined the acoustic guitar in the intro, it sounded somewhat sudden and dramatic (also seemed as if the acoustic guitar in the intro was way too quiet, relatively). I like how you use that pan swirling stereo effect...it's like your signature effect.

The vocals could be brought forward just a little bit also maybe?

No, I have to say I didn't notice anything weird in this song. It's a very cool track indeed!

Bright summer's day indeed. I totally got that vibe.

I like the middle section and how the solo ended off. I think it works. As a matter of fact, I really appreciate this whole arrangement and mix. I felt that it was interesting from start to finish and I like how different elements sneak up on me and then fade away.

Might have gone to the well one or two too many times on the chimes perhaps? Then again, maybe I am just jealous because I always try to put chimes in my songs and I have to take them out because they never sound right. Maybe that is because I normally do hard rock kinds of styles though? Who knows?

Great job. Enjoyed the listen.

When the other instruments joined the acoustic guitar in the intro, it sounded somewhat sudden and dramatic (also seemed as if the acoustic guitar in the intro was way too quiet, relatively). I like how you use that pan swirling stereo effect...it's like your signature effect.

The vocals could be brought forward just a little bit also maybe?

No, I have to say I didn't notice anything weird in this song. It's a very cool track indeed!

endlessrain: My first rough mix, I faded up because I thought I'd open on just acoustic. But, then I added the guitar part, and lost that opening. I'm still trying to think of what I can do. But, I think that abrupt opening will probably be it, unless I start cutting and pasting, and then I'll probably destroy the tracks. Yes, I have done that.

I pushed the vocals up a bit. This is the first song anyone has said my vocals should be raised. There is a reason for that.

I do enjoy that swirling effect. It's rarely used anymore, kind of like a wah wah pedal. Wah wahs sound so magnificent when used properly. That's something I never even came close to be adept at. I do own one though.

Bright summer's day indeed. I totally got that vibe.

I like the middle section and how the solo ended off. I think it works. As a matter of fact, I really appreciate this whole arrangement and mix. I felt that it was interesting from start to finish and I like how different elements sneak up on me and then fade away.

Might have gone to the well one or two too many times on the chimes perhaps? Then again, maybe I am just jealous because I always try to put chimes in my songs and I have to take them out because they never sound right. Maybe that is because I normally do hard rock kinds of styles though? Who knows?

Great job. Enjoyed the listen.

kindafishy: I had much more chimes. But, they got repetitive and I cut most. They slide in an out giving a hint of something new. It's not chime-chimes, it's a synth-pad chime. I liked it, because I thought it gave kind of a fireworks display effect. All those little crackles. I was not looking for it. I was going through sounds while the song played, and I thought "that's cool". Which is how 99% of my work is done. There's almost no brain power involved.

THANK YOU both for the listens and feedback.

Back