Beatles cover! Do you want to hold my hand?

Seafroggys

Now that my mini-album is done, I decided to really try my work at yet another cover (its good practice both for engineering and arranging). Been kinda into early Beatles recently, so did I Want to Hold Your Hand.

As always, bear in mind I'm a crappy singer. But damn, I got new batter heads for my drums last week and tuned them, and they've never sounded better. Hot damn.

(also I sang the words from memory, usually I have a lyric sheet, so one of the words in the bridge is wrong...)

I really hate the beatles so it was hard to listen to this without getting angry. I like your version though. It's a freaking mess. :)

So, the good news is that you are young and your voice will get better. The bad news is I'm old and I'll be dead before my voice gets better :eek:! The drums were the best part! I like the Beatles (this era, not the John Lennon-centered, esoteric bullshit era), so I commend you on your lofty song choice. I wish I could even fake some Beatles tunes with my acoustic for those backyard kick-backs - I can fake Ringo, but I can't even come close to John and Paul tunes. Props to ya for takin' it on :D:drunk::D

I liked the drums a lot. Both the sound and the playing were great.

Work on the vocals. You have a pleasant singing voice, but you need to work on pitch.

Thanks guys, you're pretty much echoing my personal thoughts exactly. Thought the drums were great, the other instruments are just "merely there" (although I personally like my keyboard arrangement on the piano, its basic but conveys the original song well), and the vocals, yeah, I know.... :P

I'd rather not have to learn how to sing, but if I hope to be able to pitch demos and ideas to different people, I'm gonna have to learn. They have improved a bit in the past several years......time for some autotune!

I like the drum style, its like early Keith Moon on "Cant Explain" but I thought they lost the timing in a few spots, not sure cause it is a bit messy. Even with autotune you will have to sharpen your counterpoint melodies.

Back