Beatles Cover...

not bad man.....sounds good....

nice vibe...........no real mix suggestions, as it's sounding pretty solid.........nice 'beatles-ish' bass tone.....good cover

Nice cover.Mix sounds pretty close to those 60's beatles recordings.Layered vocals sound good also_Overall a good job.

This is all good. I particularly like the guitar and vocal. The only comment is that I might try and get a more open kit sound for the drums to give it amore authentic low tech sound. This is a small point however.

Nice man. i could have swore that, that was george singing!
How did you get that "Paul" bass sound? The only thing: like was said before, you need to bring in more kick and a little h.h. and the other thing: play around a little bit and add in your on style of playing that tune. like, use diffurent instruments, and so on.

overall: a good mix. :)

ZEKE
"I will make your hair turn gray!"

Sounds good. The suggestions for the drums are already given. I would turn up the snare too. Maybe it's just my imagination but it seems to me the bass is panned to the left. If so I would center it. Very nice harmonies. Good vocals.

Great job on this one! Sounds very authentic... I don't have any critiques to add to what has already been said.. Good job!

Zeke...

The bass is actually my Hofner copy (a Jay Turser model). Left-handed, to boot!

Thanks to everyone for listening...I appreciate the input.

How about this snow?!?!? Two feet here. Wild!

I Need You

Very nice!

I personally think the lead vocals could use some compression, then bring them up so they jump out a bit more. Also, the back vocals seem to meld with the main ones, perhaps they could be eq'd a bit different, and/or panned away from center.

Too much snow down there? Come on up to Alberta, hardly any here!

hey, nice stuff.

I agree with the nice bass tone.

backing vocals are nice but, yes, they need to be a bit more distinquishable - just a bit though.

You got a nice accent happning.

well done

y

What's your system?

Hey BobOC!

I was just listening to the mixes of the covers...they sound great! what do you do for the recording and mixing? Protools? Just wondering...

Good stuff Bob,
Can you do 'While my guitar gently weeps"? My fav. Harrison tune.

bd

ps...that's not a request....I wouldn't want to turn this clinic into a night club. Would like to hear you do it though.

Hi Robert and bd...

Robert...thanks for the kind words! I recorded the whole thing on my Akai DPS16. I use the internal effects on the Akai (eq, compression, etc.) and mix it "live" into a Philips cd burner. I actually just got Sonar and Sound Forge, but I haven't done much with it yet. Not ready to make the move to PC-based. I really like the Akai.

bd....I sent you an email. Yes, me and a few friends did a version of "While My Guitar..." this summer. It came out pretty good. Can send it to you if you'd like to hear it.

Thanks...Bob O'C

pretty nice cover....that guitar part needs a volume pedal though.
Good vocals and a good performance.

Back