Beat me up

Hey Rokket!!...I remember this one. I had the first one you posted I thought, but couldn't find it for comparison. I can picture *daddy's little girl* rockin' down to it...one of these days she'll be laying down vocals for you on a CD(called "Daddy's Girl":D...and some keyboard...does she still play on that? She's gonna treasure this song all the days of her life...she'll most likely want you to perform it at her wedding reception.

I like the opening "it's okay, daddys here..daddy's got ya" line...then the chikchikchikchik ryhthm guit with the bumbumbumbum of bass all intertwined so that it sounds like one colossal instrument...it keep's the song in rockin' motion.

I'd like to hear the drums up a bit more...the snare hits in particular.

The lead has some awesome sounding highs and it's tone lends a balance to the tone of your voice in an offset way...whatever that means...anyway they fit...I like the feedback in several parts, but don't like it in others.

Your voice is strangely addictive...;)

Your skills are getting better all the time Rokket!

Cool to hear you are still at home enjoying the family time. Speaking of motley collections, my eclectic menagerie of gear is about as motley as they come...Music Jesters everywhere fight over it...:D
But I still don't sound like Axl Rose!

Well, sorta... I went to a karaoke bar with the wife and my niece. They picked the songs, I was just there to drink...

But as it turned out, they picked 'November Rain' for me to sing. When I started singing the first few bars, almost everyone in this very crowded place started cheering... I turned red as a beet from embarassment and almost stopped singing. It was a cool moment...

And my wife did say I sounded just like the CD...:o

Okay - must have been a temporary glitch. This is a collab as I gather from reading through some posts, and everything seems lined up right....and I agree that is tough. No nits on the mix - it's all sitting quite nicely balanced and even. Great tone on the guitars - of course I'm a guitar player so I lean that way.... Everything actually sounds good. BTW - hope your stay til the 27th is enjoyable and your next mission is short sweet and over quickly! :cool::D:cool::D

Okay - must have been a temporary glitch. This is a collab as I gather from reading through some posts, and everything seems lined up right....and I agree that is tough. No nits on the mix - it's all sitting quite nicely balanced and even. Great tone on the guitars - of course I'm a guitar player so I lean that way.... Everything actually sounds good. BTW - hope your stay til the 27th is enjoyable and your next mission is short sweet and over quickly! :cool::D:cool::D
Thanks on all fronts, ido!!!

strange...Daddys Little Girl played once, with like a pop-up blocker thing.

Then the second replay its like the song disappeared?

is this part of that new self erasing, "you get one play for 99cents technology"?

too bad HR couldn't have their own site to post tunes, it'd all be the same type less hassle with everyones media player...er...at least my old POS.

vocals was the catch for me, it had a different sound, kind of far away and a higher pitch. someone already mentioned the harmony poarts were really strange in a good way.

Back