Battle

I thought it was really cool. VERY Pink Floyd style especially with all the sound effects. Good vocals and really cool bass sound. Good job

I thought the sounds were all good. I liked the guitar sounds. Vocals were all very clear - but I thought the first vocal was a bit siblant and slightly harsh sounding. The second vocal gets covered up by the instruments - not sure if it's intentional. But words here and there get lost in the mix.

I thought the tune took a long time to get going. I think there is just a little too much playing around before things get going.

I think you could nudge the bass up a little bit.

I assume the drums were canned. But they didn't sound too bad to me.

I had a lot of problems to get vocals to somehow sit in the mix, i was probably recording it to close to mic. Do you think this caused the siblant and harshes? In second verse i'll try bring up these lost vords with automation since i already compressed it a lot.
About bass, a volume up or brightess? How can i tread drums to get rid canned?
Thank you for your comment.

Thats very nice to hear, thank you. So you sat back and listen? But mama told me to make dance songs...:facepalm:

I still don`t like vocals. I recorded another one but was even worst. Audix bc2i2 condensator mic. I can`t improve sibliance and harash even with some eq, de esser...
Should i borrow another mic?

You should be able to get rid of some of the sibilance with some EQ/de-esser - the lead vocal sounds very high-passed, which doesn't help it. As TripleM points out the 2nd vocal is buried.
Canned drums - MIDI-software. Do some editing to change the snare hits' volume and timing. It doesn't sound bad, just needs some 'humanizing.

I agree that the song takes a little too long to get going and everything after 4 minutes is just filler - as if it was a song from a soundtrack, like PF's The Wall.

The vocals are a little lost in the music after the drums come in. I can only make out the words if I listen very closely. I would try and turn them up a bit if possible.
A good de-esser will cure that sibilance. The variety of sounds and music is very good. I like the closeness of the mic - it suits the song very well.

Yes, thank you about vocals, i will try again and again eqing. Problem is also i don`t have any monitors yet, i did whole mix with headphones(akg 702) comparing to some reference tracks and listening in the car.
About drums ezdrummer humanizing;
I did edit volume and tempo +-6 in nuendo where is that auto option. I will try to increase to +-8, maybe 10. But
there is only option for complete drum kit,not just for snare. Is there some other way to humanize drums? Pencil?
The lenght of the song seams right for me cause it`s a part of conceptual cd.

impressed with this, it was a refreshing change, love the creativity in your mix, my only issue is unfortunately the vocals, the singing is fine, it's more a matter of EQ, it seems to get a bit lost in the mix, with the right compression and EQ I think it could be saved.

Yes, thank you about vocals, i will try again and again eqing. Problem is also i don`t have any monitors yet, i did whole mix with headphones(akg 702) comparing to some reference tracks and listening in the car.
About drums ezdrummer humanizing;
I did edit volume and tempo +-6 in nuendo where is that auto option. I will try to increase to +-8, maybe 10. But
there is only option for complete drum kit,not just for snare. Is there some other way to humanize drums? Pencil?
The lenght of the song seams right for me cause it`s a part of conceptual cd.

that makes a lot of sense, when listening on monitors you will hear that the vocals are just a bit too distant, headphone mixes always suffer from this problem

When I first looked at the timestamp of 9.36 I thought the worst but I was pleasantly surprised. I can't offer anything more, mix wise, that hasn't already been added previously.

I just really enjoyed the track from start to finish. I'm a massive Floyd fan so this is my kind of music for a chill out.

Good stuff :thumbs up:

Ben, i am really thankfull for your master work, i didn`t expect something like this. I think its richer,louder and somekind more soft, like runing through somekind tape plugin? You know, i only have headphones. Thank you again!!!
Mr Clean, nice to hear that. Is it really 9.36?? My wife wasn`t at home so i record and record... Floyd fan also but never played their stuff, i mostly played Rory Gallagher,ac/dc,motorhead stuff in my bands when i was young. 2,3 min per song and your done,he,he.But with Floyds there`s no limits,right?
I m glad you enjoyed.

Back